chapter thirteen

I blink. "What?"

He stares back at me. "Can I?"

I shift uncomfortably, "Why?"

"Because...I don't know. It's something special to me. Er-I mean, you're not something special to me, the tattoo is." Ouch.

"Oh. O-Okay."

I lift, the side of my shirt, uncovering the beauty printed on my skin. I glance at him, hesitation flickering through his eyes.

He holds his hand out, pausing for a moment. Finally, he connects it to my skin, sending chills down my spine.

He brushes his thumb against the tattoo, tracing each petal, each leaf, each stem, even tracing the letters to his initials. I feel myself blushing hard. Every second of his fingers caressing my skin makes my heart beat loud and fast.

Jungkook smiles to himself, whispering, "Wow."

He backs away, and it's almost as if I was holding my breath the entire time. "You know, you're surprisingly calm considering the fact that my initials are still on your skin."

I plop down on my bed, sitting criss cross. "Yeah, I haven't exactly forgiven you yet. You still owe me."

He sits down next to me, laughing. "Okay, fine. Tell me what you want and I'll get it for you."

"Really? You'll give me anything I want?"

He nods. "Yup."

"Hmm, how about you finish all of my assignments for me."

He rolls his eyes, "Mhm, sure. Like I would ever agree to that."

"You said 'anything'."

"Yeah, I meant something materialistic. Like something I could buy you."

"Something materialistic isn't enough for me, Mr. Jeon. I prefer something through actions."

"Actions? Like what?"

"I don't know, do something nice for me."

He stares at me for a moment before breaking into laughter. "Do something nice for you? Haru what are you saying?"

"Oh my gosh nevermind." I roll my eyes and get off my bed, continuing my packing frenzy.

I pull out a few more outfits and put them into my suitcase. I huff, looking around to see if there's anything else that I forgot. From the corner of my eye, I notice him staring at me.

"Having a good look?" I ask, zipping my suitcase up.

When he doesn't say anything, I turn and make eye-contact with him. "What's wrong?"

After a moment, "Can I ask you something?"

I nod, "Yeah?"

"What do girls like the most?"

I raise an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

He gets up the bed and sits down on the floor next to me. He clasps his hands together and bites his lip, "I think I might like someone."

Oh.

"And?"

"I want to get something for her, something she'll really like."

I stare at him for a moment as he looks down at his hands, fidgeting. "Well, it really just depends on who the girl is. What's her name?"

His lips curve upwards, cheeks tinting pink. "Now that is classified information, Ms. Park."

I plaster a smile on my face, knowing full-well that he probably likes Taera.

If he likes someone then that's okay, at least he's happy. And if Taera somehow keeps him happy too, then good wishes for them. As much as I hate Taera, I'm not gonna push Jungkook under the bus and give him the worst advice possible.

I'll help him.

"Okay, so see what she likes. Pay attention to the things that she loves the most. Sometimes it's materialistic, but most of the time it's something more than that. Like I was saying earlier, do something nice for her."

He tilts his head to the side, dark eyes big and innocent. "But what if I'm not able to tell what she likes the most? Like what if she's kind of reserved?"

"That'll be your job to make her comfortable around you. Just make sure to spend time with her."

After a moment of playing with the rings on his fingers, he slowly nods. "Okay, I think I can do this."

I smile, "Of course you can, you're Jeon Jungkook."

He smiles, revealing his bunny teeth. "I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me."

I bring out a laugh, trying to make it sound as natural as possible.

But in reality, my heart is aching more than I thought it would be.

{ A / N }

this chapter wasn't as long or eventful as i wanted it to be,
but this is the best i could make it.

also thank you guys for over 500 reads!!💜💜