chapter twenty-nine

I stand there, not able to conceal the look of surprise on my face. The two girls stare back at me, just as shocked as I am.

They both frown before quickly leaving the store, leaving Jungkook and I alone again. He pulls a few dresses off of the rack before turning to me. "Here, try these on."

It takes me a moment to realize that he's giving me dresses to try on, still stuck in the daze of what he told those girls.

I quickly take the dresses and rush into a dressing room stall, hanging the dresses on a hook against the wall.

I stare into the mirror at my figure. Why did he call me his girlfriend? He could've just said friend or sister, but girlfriend?

I try to dismiss the thought, slipping into the first dress. The material is incredibly soft, to my surprise. It's a pastel blue color, complimenting my skin nicely. The top half is lacy, and the neck is cut mildly low. It sinches at my waist and flows out into a small skirt.

"Did you try one on yet?" I hear Jungkook say from outside the stall.

"Yeah," I respond, exiting the stall.

He's sitting down on a small chair, slurping on some banana milk. "You look cute," he says, lips curved into a smile.

I smile, "Thank you." I check the price tag and sigh, "But the price tag isn't so cute."

"How much is it?"

"Four-hundred," I respond, and he almost chokes.

"Four-hundred?!"

"I think it's way too overpriced," I say, turning back into the stall.

I slip into the next dress, and right off the bat notice how much more simple it is compared to the other one. It's white and off the shoulder, and the skirt has a reddish hue to it.

I look at the price, and it's not as expensive as the other one, but it's still a lot. I leave the dressing room once again, and this time, Jungkook smiles even brighter than before.

"I love it. It looks really flattering on you, Haru."

I shrug, "It's pretty, but it's still kind of expensive."

"It doesn't matter, I'm buying you this one."

I cross my arms, "Okay, first of all, you're not buying anything for me, and second, there's still a couple more dresses I wanted to try."

"Fine," he says with a sigh, "You can try more dresses on, but I'm paying."

"Mhm, sure you are," I respond before going back into the dressing room.

The next few dresses aren't really successful. I don't like how they look on me, but Jungkook says they look pretty.

But then again, he's the one who picked out every single dress that I've tried on.

"Jungkook, these are all super expensive. I'm not really willing to pay for these myself," he opens his mouth to speak before I cut him off, "And I'm certainly not letting you pay either."

Jungkook sets down the banana milk with a sigh. "Fine, then what dress do you want?"

I bite my lip in thought, trying to remember which dresses I saw that caught my attention.