chapter fifty

He's as pale as a ghost. It's like his body is here, but his soul isn't. The Jeon Jungkook I'm seeing now isn't the same Jeon Jungkook as before.

The Jeon Jungkook that I know is loud, funny, outgoing, charming, flirtatious, always laughing, always smiling.

But this one is on a hospital bed. In a hospital gown. Needles poking into him, injecting him with fluids and medicines that he didn't need before.

Tears begin clouding my vision, and I hear Taehyung begin to sob from behind me.

I walk up to Jungkook, taking his cold hand in mine and bringing it to my lips. "Why is this happening to you?" I whisper.

Seokjin comes behind me, planting a kiss on the side of my head. "Don't cry now Haru."

I look down at Jungkook's hand, thinking back to the morning. "He was just talking to me. He was holding my hand, and his hand was warm. He was talking, laughing, breathing."

"I still am breathing. And talking. B-But I don't know if I can laugh."

I immediately avert my gaze up into his eyes, which are barely open. Even in this state, he manages to curve his lips into the smallest smile.

"Jungkook," I sob, brushing his hair out of his eyes.

"I love you Haru," he whispers, gently squeezing my hand. He directs his gaze toward the guys, who have all now gathered around him, "H-Hyungs, you guys can't cry in front of me like this. Neither can you Haru."

"You shouldn't be here right now, Jungkook," Yoongi says, voice trembling.

Jungkook scoffs, "I deserve to be here."

"No you don't," Jimin says firmly, clenching his jaw, "You've been through too much crap in your life already." His eyes flash with a type of anger, dark and worried.

Jungkook looks away from us, tears beginning to stream down his face, "I've already come to terms with-"

"No," I cut him off, "Don't ever say you're not gonna make it. You're going to survive."

"Who here has Type O blood? Nobody. A kidney donor's gonna be impossible to find,"
he says, voice cracking at the end.

"Well then we'll find someone," Seokjin says, raising his voice, "We're not letting you," he pauses, taking a trembling breath, "We're not letting you die."

I gulp, my heart starting to best faster. I know someone who has Type O blood. I know them very, very well.

Finally, I speak up, "I know someone here who has Type O blood."

Everyone diverts there attention to me. "Who?" Namjoon asks. "None of us have Type O blood."

"One of us does," I lock eyes with Jungkook, "Me."

{ A / N }

will haru save the day?