Chapter 4

I don't know how I let it happen...

As soon as Viggo saw what I did with the Terrible Terror, he grabbed me by the arm and threw me into one of the dragon proof cages with the Terror still on my shoulder. I had been in this cage for hours, the Terror keeping me company. 

"Come on, Alpha. Don't give up. We'll find a way to escape." the Terror, who I now knew as Spike, encouraged. 

"No, Spike. You will escape because the space between the bars are big enough for you to fit through. I will not be escaping because I can't pick this stupid lock!" I exclaimed, yelling the last sentence as I grabbed a small rock and threw it at the bars of the cage forcefully, startling Spike enough to make him fly out of the cage and onto the top of another. 

"Angry are we?" a female voice asked from behind me. I turned my head to see a pinkish-red Deadly Nadder curled up inside the cage behind me. 

"Leave me alone." I huffed. Suddenly, a Nadder spike shot past my head, hitting the dragon proof metal floor of the cage. 

"What in the na..." I started to yell at the dragon, but realization struck me. I quickly got up, grabbing the spike before rushing over to the cage door, shoving the spike point into the key hole. I turned the spike a few times before hearing a soft click. I shoved the cage door open and ran over to the Nadder's cage. I picked the cage lock and swung it open for the Nadder. 

"Thank you, Alpha." the Nadder said, standing up and walking over to stand right in front of me. 

"What's your name?" I asked, shoving the spike into my belt. 

"Call me Thornbush." the Nadder informed, crouching down. 

"Well then, Thornbush. Thanks for the help." I grabbed onto one of the Nadder's horns and swung onto her back. "Let's go." I ordered. Thornbush spread her wings, took a running start, and launched herself into the air with me on her back. 

"Where are we going?" Thornbush called out over the whistling wind in my ears. 

"I want you to do something. It may sound crazy, but it needs to be done." I called back, grasping one horn in each hand. 

"Whatever it is consider it done." she growled, soaring above the clouds. 

"We need to kidnap the leader of the hunters. Viggo Grimborn." 

<Sup, dragon lovers! The story seems to have escalated very quickly. I mean, none of the dragon riders had thought to kidnap either of the Grimborn brothers, so the fact that Melia has decided to kidnap Viggo after one meeting is... Well it's completely wreckless, but also very smart. Hope you all are enjoying. Bai!>