Chapter 69

Marine cut through the water like an arrow launched from a bow. 

"There it is." I roared as I pointed at the Shellfire, my dragon call impersonations the only clear way for me to talk to him underwater. 

"Hang on." He roared back, shooting top speed into the Shellfire, knocking it back into the water. 

"Hit it with your tail!" I roared, Marine obliging, spinning fast enough for his tail to smack the Shellfire full force in the snout. 

"Ow!" the Shellfire bellowed in pain, growling at us as both Marine and the Shellfire surfaced, the two circling each other. 

"Keep your focus on the Shellfire, Marine. Don't let it get past you." I called, breathing in the salty air. I watched as Hiccup and the others started taking out the last of the ships. "Now, Marine. Dive down and attack from below." I ordered, taking in a breath. Marine did as I asked and I watched as hunters were thrown off the ship attached to the Shellfire, the pressure of the water too much for them. "Watch out!" I roared out, Marine swimming to the side just in time to dodge the Shellfire's attack. We surfaced to see what was happening, Marine just barely dodging a blast from the Shellfire. We continued to dodge, eventually going under. "Now, Marine. The chains!" I roared, pointing to the chain link across the Shellfire's stomach. If he hit that, the ship would detach from the Shellfire's back, freeing the large Tidal Class dragon. Marine roared a battle cry, Charging through the water, succeeding in breaking the chains. 

"You might want to get back on your dragon for this part." Marine warned. I released him, shooting up to the surface, Lilac immediately diving down to grab me, having been hovering overhead just in case. She grabbed me by my shoulder and hauled me out of the water, flying high above just as Marine made a whirlpool, pulling in the remaining ships and scaring off the Shellfire dragon. 

"O. M. Thor! The Submaripper. Submaripper-ama." 

"Hate the smell. Love the dragon." the Twins exclaimed. 

"Thank you, Marine." I called once he had surfaced again, "You saved us and our allies." 

"It was the least I could do for a friend." Marine called back, "I hope our paths cross again, Melia." 

"As do I." With that, Marine turned, diving into the deep to forever seek peace. The hunters were gone. Ryker was gone. I sighed in relief. "It's finally over." 

"Melia!" I turned, catching sight of Dagur flying... the Triple Stryke? 

"Uhh... Dagur? Where's Shatter Master, and why are you riding Sleuther?" 

"Is that his name? I was just calling him Mr. Triple Stryke!" Dagur exclaimed as Sleuther hovered in front of me. 

"I like him, Melia. He fascinates me." Sleuther purred, making me smile. 

"That's great, Sleuther, but Dagur, once again. Where's Shatter Master?" 

"Oh! He's back at the clubhouse. Hiccup told me you could help him." 

"Help him?" I asked. 

"He got hurt by hunters." My eyes widened in shock. 

"Let's go then. Come on!" Lilac and I flew towards the clubhouse, Sleuther and Dagur hot on our tail as well as Windshear and Heather who seemed to have caught sight of Dagur. As soon as we landed, I rushed in, fussing over the wounded Gronckle. 

"It hurts!" Shatter Master whined, trying his hardest not to stretch his wing, holding up his back leg as well. 

"Well, you started right." I assured him, eyeing his raised leg, "Dagur can you grab something to keep his leg raised so he doesn't have to strain his muscles." Dagur ran to the back of the clubhouse immediately. While he did that, I gently grabbed Shatter Masters wing and carefully spread it, apologizing as I kept it outstretched until he got used to it. "Heather, do you think you can put together a splint to help him fly until his wing's better?" "Sure thing." Heather remarked, instantly going to work. Dagur came back not to long after carrying a thick blanket that he'd folded into a small bundle, sliding it under Shatter Master's lifted leg, allowing the poor thing to finally relax his leg muscles. "Good. Now, can you hold his wing while Heather makes the splint and I'll check to make sure nothing else is wrong." Dagur did as he was told, carefully taking his dragon's wing from me. 

"Like this he asked?" 

"Yeah. Keep it like that." I then moved over, allowing Dagur to take my place while I gently prodded Shatter Masters scales, watching him for a reaction. Other than a couple winces, he made none. "Well, aside from a sprained leg and wing, and a few large bruises, he seems fine." I assured Dagur. Suddenly, the clubhouse shook as a thunderous boom sounded across the island. Shatter Master cried out in pain due to Dagur accidentally moving his wing in fright of the sudden occurrence. 

"What happened?!" Dagur exclaimed. 

"Did the Shellfire come back?" Heather asked. 

"Melia!" Lilac called from outside, worry and panic evident in her voice, "You might wanna come out and see this!" I jumped up from my spot, rushing outside. I was shocked when I saw that the volcano... The dormant volcano! Had erupted! 

"Hiccup! What happened?" I asked once the others had landed. 

"It seems the baby Eruptodon hadn't been able to stabilize the volcano after all." Fishlegs confessed, sheepishly. I shook my head, hugging Volcan as he launched himself into my arms excitedly. 

"How's Shatter Master?" Hiccup asked. 

"He has a sprained leg, a sprained wing which Heather's making a splint for, and few mild bruises, but he'll be fine." Hiccup nodded in relief. I looked around, realizing immediately that someone was missing. "Hiccup, where's... Viggo?" Hiccup looked hesitant to answer. 

"He got too close to the ledge and fell into the volcano." Astrid explained, taking Hiccup's hand in her's reassuringly. 

"And... the Dragon Eye?" I asked, already knowing the answer. 

"Volcano." 

"So..." 

"It's over." Storm finished for me. 

"Yeah. It's over." Hiccup agreed. Everyone assembled inside the clubhouse, leaving me and the dragons outside. I glanced out over the ocean, the dragons gathering around me. We stared out, watching the sun over the horizon, everything at peace. It's over.

<Or is it??? And this concludes book one. Thank you for taking this journey with me, my beautiful readers. I hope you guys stick around for book two, "Soul of a Warrior". I'll probably be making an extra chapter after this one when I publish the second book to introduce the cover for you guys. Thank you so much for being excellent people, and I'll see ya in the next one. Bye, guys!>