Chapter 51

I half lay on my back on top of Storm's cot, the entire top half of my body hanging over the side as I stared at the Maces and Talons board in front of me with my upside down vision. It had been a few days since we found and took Viggo's collection of gold. My ear had healed, leaving behind a small scar while my arm was still sore from bruising, but I was fine. Now, we were all doing our own little projects and then some. Since Heather wasn't here anymore, things hadn't been as fun, but where there's a will, there's a way. 

"C'mon, Storm. Just make a move already." I groaned. She had been thinking about her next move for five minutes every turn and it was getting on my nerves. I loved Storm, but she was too much sometimes. 

"Hey! I'm thinking here!" Storm snapped before finally moving one of her pieces. Once she'd moved her piece, I quickly surveyed the board and moved my piece, immediately running the game. "Seriously!? How are you so good?!" Storm exclaimed, falling back into Starfire's side in frustration. I shrugged, smirking at my victory. Suddenly, the door of Storm's hut opened, revealing Hiccup and Toothless standing their. I pulled myself fully onto Storm's cot and rolled over onto my stomach, not wanting to be upside down anymore. 

"Hey, Hiccup. We were just playing some Maces and Talons. Wanna go a round?" 

"Not right now, Melia. We have to get to Defenders of the Wing island." Storm and I exchanged worried looks. 

"Caldera Cay? Why?" I asked, growing concerned. 

"I don't know. We just got a Terror Mail saying that Mala needed help and that it was urgent." 

"What are we waiting for then? If she needs help, let's go." Storm remarked, quickly getting to her feet. I chuckled, watching as Storm grabbed her satchel and started filling it with stuff she thought she would need. 

"I'll go to my hut and wake Lilac." I remarked, climbing off of Storm's cot. I started to leave her hut when Hiccup stopped me. 

"Melia, maybe you shouldn't come with us to the island." 

"What?" Storm looked up from what she was doing. 

"What do you mean Melia shouldn't come?" 

"I just don't know if it's such a good idea. What if Mala recognizes you?" Hiccup continued. 

"I don't see how that's a bad thing." I stated, glancing over at Storm who seemed very angry all of a sudden. 

"Are you serious, Hiccup?! Melia loves dragons more than any of us, and you're worried that Mala, a protector of dragons, will find out that Melia's spying on the hunters and she'll take it the wrong way!" Storm exclaimed, her eyes burning with such ferocity that it was scary. I turned towards Hiccup. 

"Really, Hiccup? Even if Mala thought that I was a hunter, she'd have to bring judgement upon me. I can survive a nest of dragons better than anyone and you know this." Hiccup hesitated. Toothless looked up at Hiccup before walking up to me, rubbing his head against my palm. 

"Don't worry, Melia. I know Mala will trust you." Toothless purred. I nodded. 

"Thanks, T." I looked back at Hiccup. "Everything will be fine, Hiccup. Trust me." 

<Sorry for the long wait guys. Hiccup, why you being such a jerk to Melia?! Hope you enjoy>