Chapter 67

Aside from lock picking, sword fighting was my new calming agent. I swear, Storm must've rubbed off on me in the years I've know her because I was never as violent as I have been in the past couple of days. Lilac watched from where she sat as I slashed at the air with my sword. Lilac had even gone as far as asking Stormfly to send spine shots and sending a few plasma blasts herself my way in a form of helping test my reflexes in both dodging and blocking with my sword. With everything going on, one who didn't know me well enough would think the dragons were attacking me. 

"Your really good at this, Melia!" Stormfly squawked after I had rolled out of the way of another of her spine shots. 

"Thanks, S-Fly." I exclaimed, just barely having enough time to duck Lilac's plasma blast. "Lilac!" 

"What?" Lilac asked, giving me an innocent look. 

"You're lucky I ducked that!" 

"It was a low burn." 

"It better have been." I murmured, tumbling out of the way of more spine shots. Stormfly aimed her tail about to send another one when a whistle pulled our attention to the approaching group. The blue and yellow Nadder ran into the stables after Astrid as Hiccup pushed Viggo into one of the stable pens. My brows furrowed in confusion as I made my way over, sheathing my sword as I approached, Lilac falling in step beside me. "What's going on?" I asked, stopping in the stable entire way. 

"We can't trust Viggo to not try to, well..." 

"Yeah, I get the idea." I remarked, leaning my back against the wooden poles of the stable pen beside Viggo's. 

"And the Dragon Eye's return, it did nothing to assuage your concerns?" 

"Not enough." Astrid remarked, fixing the chains on the pen door. 

"Ryker will attack this island with my Shellfire dragon. I'm afraid he won't stop until all of you are, well, you know..." 

"Comforting." I murmured. 

"Encouraging as always, Viggo." 

"You see, that's just it. I could be of considerable assistance in helping you defend your home if you would allow me." Viggo stated, attempting to persuade Hiccup. 

"We'll take that under advisement." 

"They're here." We all turned to see Tuff and Ruff running into the stables, "Well, I mean not here exactly, but very soon. Soon they will be here. I'm thinking we might need to start getting ready." I tilted my head in confusion as Hiccup said, 

"Translation, Ruff?" 

"Dragon hunters. Multiple ships headed this way." 

"Ryker." I growled, gripping my arms tightly. 

"We didn't want to bum you out, you know... what with all the deadly disease and everything. But we figured, is it really our place to deny you the right to die during battle instead?" I glanced at Hiccup, even more confused then before, his gaze falling on me, giving me a questioning look. 

"Don't look at me. I understand dragons, the Twins are a whole different thing." I remarked, holding my hands up. Astrid shook her head as both her and Hiccup ran to their dragons. 

"They're both in denial." 

"Classic stage one. Sad seeing them so vulnerable." I sighed, shaking my head as the Twins interacted. 

"Okay, what exactly am I missing that is so plainly obvious to you two?" I asked, almost regretting it. 

"We would try to explain it to you, dear Melia, but you're just too fragile to handle such depressing news." I glanced at Lilac who gave me a confused shrug before turning my attention to Hiccup.