Chapter 9

Seeing Sting on this island reminded me that I had been here before. In the daylight, I was able to recognize the cave from the last time I'd been here and found a small shelf I had carved into the stone wall where I kept some medical equipment. After finding a roll of spare fabric, I wrapped some around the wound on Sting's leg before cutting the cloth from the roll with the Nadder spike. When we got back to the cave, Thornbush was there. She was mad at the fact that Viggo had almost escaped, but after seeing that he came back willingly, she calmed down. The day had gone by fast with all that happened today. After finishing with Sting's leg, I put the Nadder spike back into my belt and grabbed a fish from the pile that Thornbush had made after her fishing trip, tossing it to Sting. 

"Thank you, Alpha!" Sting chirped before eating the fish. I nodded, patting him on the head before turning my head to look at Viggo who was sitting by the fire Thornbush had made. He was looking at his left hand with concern before wincing when he hid it from Thornbush who walked up to the fire, putting another log in it. I became very suspicious and stood up from my crouching position, walking over to Viggo who looked up as I approached. 

"Are you alright?" I asked, sitting beside him. 

"Yes." Viggo answered, avoiding my eyes. I looked down at his closed fist and saw a crimson liquid seeping through his fingers.

"You're bleeding." I said under my breath. He didn't look at me. I gently took his bleeding hand in mine and unfurled his fingers to see how bad it was. It didn't look as bad as Sting's leg, but I couldn't figure out how this had happened. 

"When I opened the trap, its teeth cut my hand." Viggo explained, apparently seeing the confusion on my face. Quickly, I grabbed the roll of fabric and bandaged up Viggo's hand. After cutting the fabric with the Nadder spike, I looked up to see Viggo looking at me confused. "Why did you do that?" he asked as I got up to put the fabric back on the shelf. 

"You helped Sting, so I'm returning the favor." I stated, turning to look at him before continuing, "Besides... You may be the leader of the dragon hunters, but you're actually not as heartless as I first thought." Viggo seemed to be at a loss for words. I turned away from him, picking Sting up in my arms and lifting him up, so he can hang from a high up stalactite. The young Speed Stinger gave a small yawn before bidding us good night. Thornbush curled up for sleep as well, leaving me and Viggo as the only ones awake. I walked back over to Viggo and sat next to him. We sat silently for a while, my eyes watching the fire as it died down. After a while, I started to grow tired, my eyelids growing heavy. Eventually, I leaned back against the wall and fell asleep to the crackling of the fire and the nightly sounds of nocturnal dragons outside the cave.

<Hey, fellow dragon riders! I wanted to let y'all know that I have made a Truth or Dare book for your own enjoyment while you wait for me to update my stories. Go ahead! Head over to the book and ask a question or give a dare to some awesome characters from the six movies/television shows I have provided for everyone. Hope you all have fun! Bai!!!>