Chapter 50

I sat with my eyes closed, listening carefully to whatever was going on outside. There were crashes, yelling, dragon roars, and the occasional sound of splintering wood, but there was one thing I couldn't hear, water filling up the ships. The ships weren't sinking, but why? Why weren't the ships sinking when the wood had been splintered? I opened my eyes and thought for a moment. Why wouldn't the dragon's blasts sink the ships? Then, it hit me. 

"No way." I murmured, glancing up at Viggo. He glanced over at me, a grin forming on his face when he noticed the look in my eyes. He knew what I had realized and his look told me that I was right. Suddenly, the ship jerked with so much force that I fell from my chair and onto my side, pain bursting through my arm and hip. I hissed in pain as I got my arms under me, pushing myself up to see what had happened. It seemed everyone had been affected by the unsuspected jerk. Ryker had stumbled back into the wall, Hiccup had stumbled off his stool and back into Ryker before falling to the ground, and Viggo had caught himself on his desk. Hiccup quickly stood, narrowly Ryker trying to grab him before running out the door, rolling out of the way of Ryker's sword which had been thrown at him, the blade lodging itself into the doorframe. I quickly stood, grabbing the knife Ryker had thrown at me earlier from where it was stuck in the wall. Once I got the knife, I bolted for the door only to have Ryker grab me from behind, the knife slipping from my fingers and falling to the ground, the small blade sliding through the open door and out into the hall. I elbowed Ryker hard in the ribs, making him let go before I whirled around, nailing him in the jaw with my combined fists. I then ran out of the room, scooping the knife up as I ran up the stairs, sawing the ropes off my wrists before lodging it in the wall as I ran onto the main deck. A few hunters tried to stop me, everyone of them either being pushed to the ground or knocked unconscious as I ran. 

"Melia!" Lilac called from above, drawing my attention to her. I pointed to the front of the ship before running all the way to the front. Just as I jumped off the front, she swooped in front of me, flinging me back into the air with her tail as I landed on it, helping me land square on her back. Once I was safely on her back, she soared over to where the rest of the riders were. 

"You okay, Melia?" Storm asked as Lilac soared up next to Starfire. 

"I'm fine, Storm. Thanks for standing up to Ryk." 

"No problem, girl." I glanced down at the ship to see Hiccup and Toothless burst through the deck of the ship, Night Fury and rider flying up to meet us. 

"Hiccup, the gold-" 

"I saw it." 

"You guys know where it is?" Fishlegs asked. Both Hiccup and I nodded. Hiccup started leading the group back to the island. 

"Melia, you ear's bleeding." Dagur told me as Heather flew Windshear up next to me. I reached up and touched my ear, feeling a slight pain when I touched where Ryker's knife had nicked my ear. I glanced down at my fingers to see a small bit of red liquid on them. 

"It's just a nick. I'll be fine." I reassured them. I knew that I'd have bruises all over from how hard I hit the ground earlier, but I'd had worse injuries in the past. I'd be fine. A few minutes passed before we finally got back to the island, our dragons landing on a hill just above the stone runes. 

"How did you two figure out where the gold is?" Astrid asked as Hiccup and I led the guys down to the runes. 

"A few things tipped us off. First, the tracks leading to the storehouse didn't make sense. Then, the hunters had shovels and pick axes, like they were building something." Hiccup started to explain. 

"Next was when we found the ruins. There were trace amounts of stone dust on them. Ancient rocks wouldn't have stone dust, only newly formed rocks would." 

"But ultimately, Viggo gave it away himself, when he pointed to the map of the island over his desk." 

"There weren't any Viking ruins on Viggo's map." I finished, turning towards Toothless and Lilac, giving them a nod. The two Night Furies fired plasma blasts at the stone ruins, breaking off the stone crusting that surrounded the gold. 

"Genius." 

"It was hiding in plain sight all along." 

"What are we waiting for. Let's get this gold loaded up!" Storm exclaimed. It took hours for us to gather all the gold and. by the time the sun started to set, we had pretty much gathered all of it. Now, we were all standing on a cliff, saying our goodbyes to Heather and Dagur, but mostly Heather. Finally, it was mine and Storm's turn. "We'll miss you, Heather." Storm said. 

"I'll miss you guys too." 

"Don't get into too much trouble with out us. Okay?" 

"How can I when you guys will be doing all the stupid stuff without me." Heather countered jokingly. I playfully punched her in the arm. 

"You're such a jerk." I told her, grinning ear to ear. 

"But your a lovable jerk." Storm added, putting an arm around my shoulders. Heather gave us a small wave before taking off on Windshear, flying up to join Dagur. 

"Until we meet again, dragon riders." Dagur called, waving at us before the two Berserker dragon riders flew off into the sunset. They'd be back. We all knew they would. It was only a matter of time.

<Yay!!! Another episode done in only a few chapters. Onto the next one. I'm so glad you guys love my story so much! See you guys soon!>