Chapter 24

The thunderous sound of a horn startled me awake. It scared me so much that I fell off the platform. 

"Lilac!" I called out. Suddenly, a thin green tail wrapped itself around my waist, stopping me from falling any farther down. I clung to the tail and looked up to see Leafblender hanging under the platform, staring at me. 

"Thanks, Leafblender." I breathed out. He smiled before climbing up onto the platform, pulling me up onto the firm ground. 

"Are you all right, Melia?" Lilac asked, her eyes wide with worry. 

"I'm fine now. Good catch, Leafblender." 

"Your welcome, Alpha." Leafblender turned and jumped off the platform, cloaking as he flew off. I turned back towards Lilac, a question running through my head. 

"What was that?" As if answering my question, Tuffnut's voice echoed across the Edge. 

"Good Morning, Dragon's Edge!" I groaned, rubbing my eyes before walking around the other side of the outpost to see Ruff and Tuff standing behind the Thunder-Ear. 

"It's Tuff..." 

"And Ruff..." 

"And Chicken..." 

"In the mornings!" the Twins said through the Thunder-Ear. I shook my head and leaned against the outpost, Lilac coming over to sit next to me. 

"What are they doing?" Lilac asked. I shrugged. 

"Alright, folks. Now, it's time for your weather forecast. Today it will be freezing cold. Tomorrow will be... well... freezing cold." I facepalmed while Lilac snorted in laughter. 

"You two aren't even using it right." I complained, glancing down over the side of the platform when Snotlout said, 

"Leave it to you muttonheads to use the Thunder-Ear backwards!" 

"Or are we using it right-wards? To inform the masses." Tuffnut countered. 

"Thor almighty. You two are weird." I remarked. 

"Thank you, Melia." Ruffnut said, looking proud of herself. I rolled my eyes. 

"Okay, let's check the old mailbag and see what Terrible Terror mails came in last night." 

"Here's one for Snotlout. 'I miss your snuggles, too. Signed, Mommy." I couldn't help, but burst out laughing, Lilac doing the same. 

"Hey, that's private!" 

"Not anymore, Mommy's boy." Storm joked, playfully punching him in the shoulder. 

"My turn!" I exclaimed, grabbing one of the Terror Mails. "Looks like Spitelout sent Storm a new dagger." I held the blade up to the light before wrapping it back up, giving it to Lilac who delivered it to Storm. 

"Whoa! This one's addressed to us! 'Dear Ruff and Tuff, your cousin Gruffnut is on his way to visit you today." Ruffnut said, her voice filled with less enthusiasm as she finished reading the Terror Mail. 

"Wait, Gruffnut? Gruffnut's coming here? Today?" Tuffnut questioned. 

 "Gruffnut?" I asked, walking over to look at the Twins questioningly. 

"Oh, no, look at me. I am a mess. Alright, shows over. I gotta go get ready." Tuffnut tossed Chicken to me before running off. 

"Is he... okay?" I asked Ruffnut. 

"That's questionable." I turned as Lilac flew back up to the platform with Storm on her back. 

"What just happened?" Storm asked, sliding off Lilac. 

"Gruffnut's coming." Storm groaned. 

"Great. Anyone want to call the obsessed Tuffnut alert." All three of us raised our hand. This day was not going to end well.