Chapter 64

"You're telling us you had the Dragon Eye the entire time and you told absolutely no one?!" 

"Oh my Thor! For the last time, Snotlout, yes, I had the Dragon Eye the entire time. I grabbed it before Ryker's attack because I overheard some of the hunters talking about it. I thought the best course of action was to keep it away from either of the Grimborn brothers, so it'd be safe." I repeated for the millionth time. Snotlout looked like he was about to ask again, but Storm thankfully slapped her hand over his mouth, muffling his repeat of the continuous question.

"I agree with Snotlout. Why didn't you tell us, Melia?" Astrid asked. 

"Hmm... Let me think." I remarked sarcastically, staring up at the sky tapping my chin with a finger, "Oh, that's right! The Thor forsaken LEADER OF THE DRAGON HUNTERS WAS WITH US!!!" Everyone stared at me. I took a breath, attempting to calm myself. Of course, I was pissed. Viggo had taken the Dragon Eye from right under my nose. If I ever saw him again... 

"We can't worry about the Viggo or the Dragon Eye right now. We need to figure out where the next attack will occur." Hiccup turned towards Throk and Mala, "You and your tribe are welcome to come with us if you want." 

"No. We must defend our home. However, I wish to ask you for a favor." Mala said, turning her gaze to Fishlegs and Meatlug we're watching Volcan, "I fear that the baby Eruptodon will not be safe here." 

"Don't worry, Mala. Meatlug and I were made for this. We're gonna keep this little guy safe no matter what!" 

"Well, just send a Terror Mail if you need us." Mala nodded in thanks before turning towards me, giving me a reassuring smile to which I nodded back before following Storm in mounting Starfire. We flew for a while before finally arriving back at the Edge. 

"Oh, how I missed home." I breathed as I dismounted Starfire, breathing in the familiar ocean air... Only to be run over by a wildly excited purple-eyed Night Fury. "Lilac!" I laughed, hugging the scaly sister I missed so. 

"You were gone for so long! What happened?" 

"Long story. Just glad to be home." Lilac nodded in understanding before running off with Starfire, the two female Night Furies playing together. "I should probably go get changed." I said after a few moments, glancing down at the black tunic and pants I still wore. 

"Yeah. C'mon, I'll walk you to your hut." 

"Thanks." The two of us walked up ramps and stairs until we finally made it to my hut. I headed straight to my clothing chest, rifling through it until I found a pale purple tunic with black stitching and brown pants, quickly changing before flopping onto my bed next to Storm. 

"Well, this has been... a day." Storm remarked, glancing down at me. 

"Tell me about it! Ryker beats me up and kills a friend, I won't see Leafblender for who knows how long, Ryker has Project Shellfire, Viggo has the Dragon Eye and is on the loose, and we have no idea where either of them are or where Ryker will strike next." I huffed, throwing my arms out in exasperation. 

"Oh, is that all Miss Dragon Whisperer?" Storm asked with a laugh. I immediately shot up from my bed, my eyes wide with realization. 

"Oh my Thor!" 

"What?" 

"Ryker... I... I think he knows what I am..." I stuttered, glancing up at Storm. 

"Oh, Melia. It's okay." Storm tried to reassure me, pulling me into a hug, "We don't know that he knows this, and even if he did, we don't know that he's told anyone." 

"I know, but... I learned a long time ago that it's dangerous to share the knowledge of my gift. I have to share it only with those I trust and even then I have few." I murmured, hugging her tighter. 

"Melia! Storm!" Astrid called from my doorway. 

"What's wrong, Astrid?" Storm asked, releasing me as we stood.

 "We're heading to the Straits of Baldur. We think Ryker may strike Outcast Island next." I stiffened, Storm turning to glance at me. 

"I... I can't..." 

"Melia-" 

"But... Ryker needs to be taught a lesson. As long as I do not have to set foot on that wretched island, I will come." I told them firmly, stepping over to where my sheathed sword lay against my desk. I unsheathed part of it, taking a glance at the dragon engraving for but a moment before glancing back at my friends. "Let us make sure that jerk never comes near the Archipelago."