Chapter 37

To say Viggo was mad was an understatement. When Ryker and I, mostly me, told Viggo about his bounty plan failing, that was when he got mad. I had decided to stay longer than I had originally planned, wanting to make sure Viggo didn't take his anger out on any of the hunters or Ryker andto make sure Ryker got his wounds properly tended to since I wasn't a healer, and I knew he was stubborn. As the week continued however, Viggo's anger only increased. I had been practicing sword fighting with Axel since, after the whole bounty hunter fiasco, I thought it would be a good idea to learn how to fight with a sword since my usual fighting consisted of hand-to-hand combat, the occasional use of a bow and arrows, or the very rare throwing of a dagger. In the middle of our practice, Latch, a familiar red, blue, and purple male Terrible Terror that I usually used for sending Terror mails to the Edge, Berk, and literally anyone who wasn't on the dragon hunter island, had landed on Axel's helmet, making him lose focus which resulted in him losing his balance when he dodged one of my attacks which resulted in him falling onto his rear with the tip of the sword I had been using poised at his neck. 

"Good form, Melia." Axel praised, keeping his eyes on me, completely ignoring the sword tip that was just inches from drawing blood. I smiled in appreciation at him before drawing my attention to the Terror perched on the hunter's helmet, immediately noticing the rolled up parchment tied to his leg. I drew my sword away from Axel and lodged it in the dirt, holding out my arm for Latch to fly over and land on. He did as I had suspected and held out his leg, allowing me to take the note before hopping up to my shoulder. "Who's it from?" Axel asked as he got to his feet. I read the note in my head, frowning at what it said. 

"It's from Hiccup. Apparently, Snotlout and Storm's Dad got into Snotlout's head and he started doing stupid things. Not that he doesn't to stupid stuff anyway." I explained, my eyes widening as I read the last bit. 

"What? What's wrong?" I motioned for Axel to come over and pointed to the part I had just read, handing the note to him. Axel's eyes narrowed as he started to read it before they widened like mine had. "Viggo's not going to like this." That was something we both agreed on, but I knew even if I didn't tell him, someone else would and Ryker would take it out on me as soon as he found out. I had the right idea in mind as I went to tell Viggo, really hoping I didn't get an injury from Ryker. 

"Viggo? I have something you really got to see." I remarked, making my presence known as I entered his tent. Of course, it was just my luck that Ryker was there as well. I paused in the tent's entryway, eyeing the two Grimborns. 

"What is it, Melia?" Viggo asked, letting his gaze fall on me. I glanced at Ryker, gripping the note tightly in my hand. 

"Sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt. I can come back later if you two-" 

"Nonsense. Ryker and I can continue our conversation later. Isn't that right, brother?" Viggo cut in, glancing up at Ryker as he leaned back in his chair. Ryker glared at me, but nodded, pushing past me as he left the tent. Neither of us spoke until the tent flaps closed. "What is it?" I walked up to his desk and held out the note. He raised an eyebrow, taking it from me so he could read it. It was obvious when he finished reading the note because he put it down on his desk, clasping his hands together in front of his face as he stared down at it, clearly deep in thought. 

"I didn't know about it until I got the note. If I had, I would have told you sooner." I remarked, going around the desk so I was standing next to him. Viggo stayed silent as he stared at the note. "Viggo? Are you okay?" I asked, reaching a hand out to touch his shoulder. Suddenly, Viggo stood, swiping the Maces and Talons board off his desk causing the pieces to scatter across the ground as the board landed with a crash. I stared at Viggo with my hands held close to my chest, startled by his sudden outburst. I watched as Viggo stood with his head in his hands, his entire body shaking with anger. I slowly started to relax from my scare and approached Viggo quietly from behind. I reached out a shaky hand towards him, but hesitated. I retracted my hand, staring at the back of Viggo's head for a second before slowly wrapping my arms around his waist, burying my face into his back. I felt Viggo stiffen under my touch before slowly relaxing, lowering his hand from his face as he looked over his shoulder at me, sighing. 

"I'm sorry for lashing out, I'm just... frustrated... and tired." 

"It's okay. You have a right to be frustrated." I murmured into his tunic. Viggo let out a light laugh, turning in my arms so he was facing me, wrapping his arms around me as he pressed a gentle kiss to the top of my head. 

"Thank you for putting up with me, Love." I pulled away from him slightly and looked up into his eyes, smiling softly as I reached up and gently touched his cheek. He leaned into my touch before leaning down, capturing my lips in a kiss. After he calmed down, I helped him clean up the mess he had made with the Maces and Talons board. Once everything was all fixed up, Viggo told me about how he was sending some hunters with a small cluster of Gronckles they had captured to collect a new supply of weapons. I was worried about him being alone, but he assured me he would be fine while I went out and dealt with this. I was still skeptical, but some more reassurance lead me to finally give in and join the hunters going to an island Viggo said was called the Northern Markets for the weapons. One of the few upsides of that day in my point of view. I didn't get beat up by Ryker.