Chapter 11

A couple days passed before finally, the day of the auction was here. I had made camp in the forest with Leafblender, the trees acting as excellent cover if the riders decided to scout out the area. During my time on the island I had either been with Viggo, done some things around the island, or had hung out with some hunters I had gotten to know during my time here. After having a second run in with Ryker where he found out who I was, Viggo had to tell his brother the truth about our time together which made Ryker suspicious of me, but he didn't bother me again. Now, I was on my way to the docks where Viggo and Ryker were supposed to be greeting the bidders. As I walked down the path, I saw someone who could possibly be Snotlout's identical twin if it weren't for him being blonde and someone who looked like Gobber, but with a nicer attitude and a higher tolerance for annoying people. Trying to ignore the two idiots who had just past by me, I stopped next to Viggo as he looked out over the docks, his hands clasped behind his back as usual. 

"Who was the strange duo I passed?" I asked. 

"A man named Sir Olgerthon and his valet." Viggo explained, turning his head to look at me. 

"Strange name." 

"Indeed." Viggo agreed with a chuckle. We stood silently watching the docks for a bit before I noticed Johann's trading ship. 

"What's Johann doing here?" I asked, pointing out the old merchant's docked vessel. 

"Not sure. Let's find out, shall we." Viggo stated, making his way down to the docks, myself in tow. As we approached the ship, I saw Ryker ordering some hunters to go get Viggo. "No need, brother." Viggo cut-in, stepping down from the gangplank. I dropped down a little ways behind him as Johann greeted him, Viggo paying him no mind as he walked down towards the lower deck. Ryker and Johann followed close behind him, myself trailing close behind the two. Ryker then pushed past Johann, so he could go back up the stairs to inspect the ship's main deck while Viggo pointed in the direction of four dragon proof cages as he glanced at me. I nodded, walking to the end of the line of cages and slowly made my way down the line. Viggo and Johann talked a little before Viggo started walking up to the main deck at about the same time that I had finished walking down the line of caged dragons. Strangely, the dragons were silent the entire time I walked down the line and they all looked... familiar. Suddenly, Viggo stomped down the stairs at a fast pace causing me to stumble backwards before he slammed his foot into a creaky floor board. He inspected the area below the hole. Finally, Viggo stood walking up to Johann with his usual calm expression before a very convincing fake smile emerged on his face. "We accept your terms." Viggo announced before turning towards the hatch, "Offload Trader Johann's dragons and place them with the others." Viggo nodded at me before walking up to the main deck. I glanced at the hole in the floorboards and took one last look at the silent dragons before running up to the main deck. Many dragon hunters passed me, some greeting me as they went below deck. I surveyed my surroundings before finally spotting Viggo walking inland. Even though he was quite good at hiding it, he seemed troubled. I kind of wanted to follow him and find out what was wrong, but I decided to give him his space while I did some things around the island. Hopefully, he'd be okay for the time being.

<Oh my Thor! I am honestly rewatching the episodes just to make sure I get the right dialogue for the characters. It's hard!!! I have to pause every 2 seconds to make sure I get the right words written down. Anyway, I have a strange feeling that the dragons recognized Melia's scent, so they decided to stay quiet in order to not give up any spoilers on the 'dragon rider's' plans. If only Melia had recognized the rider's dragons. Oh well!!! Hope you enjoyed!>