Chapter 32

"Good Morning, Dragon's Edge! It's Tuff..." 

"And Ruff..." 

"And Chicken..." 

"In the mornings, with our special guests Hiccup Haddock and Melia the Merciful." Ruffnut and Tuffnut remarked through the Thunder-Ear, gesturing for us to speak. 

"Hey, dragon riders!" I exclaimed. 

"Hi, there." 

"Oh... Sir Talks-a-lot. Okay, enough about you. How great were we yesterday?" Tuff asked. 

"Uh, you were very great. You saved Barf and Belch from being sold by Gruffnut. And Melia, I was impressed that despite everything he did, you still rescued him." Hiccup commented. 

"I'm no monster, Hiccup. He may have deserved what the hunters had coming for him, but he's human. He's bound to make mistakes. No offense, you two." 

"None taken. Besides, he still had my helmet." Tuff reassured me. 

"That too." Ruff agreed. 

"Uh, speaking of which, where is Gruffnut?" 

"Oh. With the help of Melia, we decided he should have a real adventure, for a change." Ruffnut explained. All three of us laughed as we thought about how we dropped Gruffnut off on an island with nothing, but a spear to protect himself from wild dragon. I laughed more just thinking about it. 

"Anyway, now that Gruff is no longer here I can finally get the one thing I've been lacking." I commented, starting to walk in the direction of my hut. 

"What that?" Hiccup asked. 

"Proper sleep." I called back, waving over my shoulder. I hadn't gotten a proper goodnights rest or a proper nap since Gruffnut came to the island. Maybe now that he was off the Edge, I could finally relax. I entered my hut, immediately noticing Spike, the navy blue and green Terror, sitting on my desk, a note attached to his leg. I walked over to him, carefully untied the note, and read it, petting his head as I did. I grinned, putting the letter down on my desk. 

"What's wrong, Melia?" Lilac asked as I made my way up the stairs to where she and my bed was. 

"It looks like I'm definitely going to need that sleep." 

"Why?" Lilac asked as I flopped down on my bed. 

"I'm going to be a dragon hunter for a few days again."