24| New Years' Troubles

What were you going to do? Jungkook still freaked you out, and even worse! School was tomorrow! But, you have to push those things aside. Tonight is New Years Eve and you're gonna celebrate it with the best people on this planet! Your family.

"[Y/n], hurry, help set the table! Quickly! The food is ready and I think the boys are coming back now," hurried Seokjin. He was trying to find the last ingredient for the food, so of course he was a little panicked.

You nodded his way, though you knew he couldn't see you. Running over into the closet, you picked out a nice red table cloth and other special stuff for setting up the table. Working your magic fast you seemed to have got it all set up just in time since you started to over hear voices outside. The boys were back! You panicked a bit, your heart racing as you quickly dashed upstairs and dressed yourself up a bit. You were unfortunately the last one to get ready but it was all good. No one seen you yet so they wouldn't have a clue.

Making your way downstairs sneakily into the kitchen so no one could see your outfit, you poked Seokjin in the back and warned him of the boys' arrival. He quickened his speed and placed the Tteokguk (떡국 - Soup with sliced rice cakes ; a traditional Korean dish they eat on New Years.  But New Years is similar to a birthday for Koreans so eating Tteokguk is a part of the birthday celebration.) out on the table, of course with you helping him.

"Hyung, did you get me a present for New Years??" a voice whined.

"Hyung~ you haven't got me a gift?"  the beholder of the voice whined again.

Someone sighed and then all six men came into view.  "Taehyung, your birthday was yesterday." Hoseok said, patting his little brother on the shoulder.  "But if you really want a gift. . .  I'll give you hugs!"

You giggled at their cuteness. At the corner of your eye though, Jungkook caught your attention.  To be honest he still scared you.  But it was really odd since your cycle was done and yet he still creeped on you.  Weird.

"Waahh!  Hyung~  the food smells delicious!!" squealed Jimin in awe as he sat down in the chair beside you with a bright smile that hid his beautiful dark orbs.  You smiled at him, seeing him so happy and cheerful.

Even though it was a traditional meal, Seokjin couldn't help but leave some of your favourite foods to the side, only allowing you to devour them.  It was a nice gesture, especially on New Years Eve.

"Everyone, dig in!"

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"Happy New Years!!" Everyone cried out as they hugged each other and joked with one another. 

"Yoongi-hyung!  How are you?!  I haven't seen you since last year!" said Taehyung as he cried at the joke he played on Yoongi, who actually struggled to suppress a laugh.  What a sight.

"Hey [Y/n]," you turned around to be face-to-face with Jungkook. "Happy New Year. ."

Why is he nervous?  It's not like I'm gonna bite him or anything!  Jeez.  You squinted your eyes at him, him looking away like you reeked of stench. "Thanks?  I mean, you've been acting weird lately and now you talk to me normally?  What's up with you,"  you asked with pure concern and a hint of curiosity nagging at you.

"It's. .  Nothing.  It's nothing you need to worry about honestly.  You know I'm one not to lie, right?" he reassured, giving his best bunny smile he could muster up.  You only sighed at his words, repeating them in your head a couple times before looking back at his face.

Scratching the back of your arm, you smiled back. "Okay then.  Let's celebrate!  C'mon oppa!"

As the Monday morning sun reached your window, it's bright and warm light entering through your curtains and onto your bed, waking you up just a second before your alarm went off.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP— You harshly hit the snooze button on the small black annoying box. "UGHHHH! Yes! Okay! I get it! Be quiet!" you whisper-shouted at the poor object that was just doing its job.

"Sweetie~" Seokjin sang as he opened the door to you room, smiling while suppressing a chuckle at your state. "I made you breakfast. Sit up and eat!" he then passed you a tray full of yummy food to eat. While you chose what to eat first, Seokjin opened his mouth to speak again. All in one breath. "School starts in a hour and a half and it takes fifteen minutes to get there and everyone isn't awake yet except you and me so I should probably go wake the others up so we can all take you to your first but not really your first since you've been to school like this once before but still this would technically be your first day of real school and I'm rambling too much and yeah I should go. . ." you quietly giggled at him as he turned around to leave your room to wake the others up.

You chose something simple yet pretty for your first (actually second but whatever) day of school. What you picked out was a simple black tank top and some light blue ripped jeans, a light beige sweater going over the tank top along with a pair of black converse to finish the look. You weren't really into looking pretty much anyway. Your oppas always said you were beautiful, and you believe them when they tell you. You're just not into fashion you suppose. Moving onto your hair you tied it up into a simple ponytail since you didn't really like to make your hair stand out. Just simple you. (A/N: I actually like simple stuff so yeah lol)

Namjoon owns a van that is basically for everyone but he still likes to call it "his baby" or whatever. Taehyung was the last to enter the vehicle as he said he forgot his phone. Everyone was so hyped for you today, it was starting to rub off on you, making you smile almost every minute you get closer to the school building.

If only you knew how dangerous your life would become from now on.

— A/N —
Happy New Years!  This is a special just for you guys!  And a little mystery too~