83| Nothing

You gasped as you stared at the familiar name, almost dropping your phone into the sink.

You took a deep breathe to calm yourself down.  This dude hasn't spoken to you in– you don't know how long– and it scared you, seeing this strange and alarming text out of nowhere.

'Did I know this guy?  How could he know me?'

You took one last glance in the mirror before turning around and leaving the bathroom, along with your worries.

"You okay, sweetie?"  Seokjin questioned as you came up to the table.

You shook your head with a small smile and sat back down in your seat, bringing your plate of untouched cake towards yourself.  All of a sudden, the cake didn't look so appetizing anymore.

"A-Are you not h-hungry?"  Minseon softly whispered amongst the busy voices around the table, catching your attention.

You gave a brief nod,  "I'm just too full from the meal.  But you can have my piece if you want it,"  you offered, looking away as you took a small sip of your water.

"Th-thanks,"  he replied, carefully grabbing the dessert from your side of the table and savouring it, almost like it was the last piece he'd ever get.

"So.."  Kyungsoo trailed,  "what are we gonna do today for fun?"

No one paid attention to the werewolf; the other four sitting on the bench were too "busy" in their own little worlds to even notice he was speaking in the first place.

"Guys.  Come on!"  he sighed and grabbed his strawberry milk, facing Minseon.  "Dude, are you even listening to me?"  he frowned.

"Huh?"  Minseon furrowed his brows in confusion as he looked up to the werewolf,  "I-I didn't h-hear you.."

Kyungsoo growled,  "why is everyone so out of it today?!"

"I-I'm sorry,"  Changjae sighed and lowered his head.  "I've had a lot on my mind lately and it's just been so.. overwhelming."

Kyungsoo's eyes softened upon hearing Changjae's words.  The werewolf himself has been thinking a lot lately as well, and it's been quite overwhelming for him, too.

The breeze grazed your skin and broke you of your whirling thoughts.  You stood up abruptly,  "I think I need to go,"  you announced before leaving the bench and walking back inside the school.

'I'm so out of it today.. and Kyungsoo had noticed.  I don't want him to worry about me.'

You kept walking silently down the halls until you reached the washroom.  You stayed in there for a few minutes, trying to think in peace.

'I'm thinking about it too much.'

The stalls were empty; not a soul in the washroom besides yourself.  Your reflection in the mirror was the only thing you stared at.

'Maybe I'm misunderstanding this.. maybe he meant to text another person this entire time but somehow got their number wrong?'

A long sigh left your lips as you gripped the sink counter in front of the mirror. You swiped out every last thought you had of that 'Kim' guy, believing that maybe it was a misunderstanding all along.

The door suddenly opened behind you, making you jump slightly where you stood.  It was just a girl, calm down.

You left the bathroom not too long after the girl came in, your thoughts going on about other things, your body ignoring its surroundings.

All until you bumped into a wall.  But you were pretty sure it wasn't a wall.

"Watch where you're– o-oh, [Y/n]!"

You brought your head up to meet eyes with Jacob Kim; someone you haven't seen in a while.

'When did he get here?  I thought he switched schools or something..'

Jacob gave you a shining smile,  "it's been a while, hasn't it?  I was off on family business."

"Oh,"  you nodded understandingly, slightly smiling back.  "So, are you staying here or are you transferring?"  you asked.

"No no no, don't get the wrong idea,"  he chuckled,  "I'm staying, [Y/n]."

You nodded,  "ah, okay."

"Are you free this Saturday?"  he suddenly asked out of the blue, giving you yet another one of his shining smiles.

"Yeah..  Did you want something?"  you questioned back, curious onto why he asked something like that.

Jacob nodded and handed you a little piece of paper with something written on it.  "Here, I hope you can make it!"  he quickly said before leaving the hallway.

You opened up the note and read its contents.  "What the..?  An address?"  you mumbled to yourself, slightly puzzled.

'Jacob doesn't even know me that well..?  Why did he give me an address?'

After re-reading the note multiple times, you finally recognized the address he handed you.

"Why did he give me the address to a diner?"  you frowned in confusion, turning around the corner to return back to your friends.

You opened the doors to the schoolyard, where you seen your two werewolf friends supposedly teasing an uncomfortable-looking Minseon.

'Ugh, what are they doing to him now?'

You rushed over and sat between Minseon and Kyungsoo, glaring at the latter.  "I thought I told you to leave him alone earlier,"  you said lowly, only to receive a chuckle from Kyungsoo.

"See!  I knew she'd do it."

"Do what?"  you questioned.

"Nothing,"  he grinned mischievously, giving a high-five to a giggling Changjae.

You rolled your eyes, ignoring them.

'What were they talking about though?  I want to know these things.'

Minseon then poked your arm,  "wh-what's that?"  he asked, looking over your shoulder.

"Huh?"  you looked down, realizing he was talking about the piece of paper held tightly in your palm.  "This?"

Minseon nodded,  "yeah, wh-what is it th-though?"

You let out a small sigh,  "it's a note from Jacob.  It's just nonsense."

"O-oh,"  the boy frowned,  "nothing o-of importance, r-right?"

"No, I don't think so,"  you replied, crumbling up the note and sticking it in your pocket.

The bell then rang, signalling everyone to return to their classes immediately.

"Let's go, Minseon."

♥︎ a/n ♥︎
How was your day?  I'm getting better I think.  I hope you guys are having an amazing day, or a restful night! <333