92| A Mistake

[ WARNING: this chapter contains descriptions of murder and violence, suicidal thoughts and actions. PLEASE BE AWARE. If you aren't comfortable or have a problem with anything in this pre-warning, please leave or skip this chapter. Thank you. ]

In a city called Busan, laid a terrified boy as he remembered the faces of those he had hurt, unintentionally.  He was scarred by these faces; the blood, the gore, the look of terror in their eyes as he sucked the last bit of life out of them.

He was a monster, a dangerous being that roams the earth for its one sole purpose: to kill.  To hurt all living things that breathed and had families; to feel such immense guilt for their supernatural deaths that it drives you to insanity, and you just kill another, after another, and countless more until everyone you knew and loved, stranger or not, was gone.

Everything he knew about happiness and love was ripped to pieces by his forceful, controlling hunger on the fresh red liquid that ran through their veins every second of every day.  He told himself that he could control it, but no matter how many times he tried, another horrific face was engraved into his mind.

Jungkook lived in his quiet house alone, secluded from mostly all human contact.  He liked it better that way.  His parents dead, his friend dead...  all at the hands of himself.  He didn't want to live, he didn't deserve to live with all that he's done and that feeling of guilt consumed his every being.

One day, the sky was a gloomy grey and clouds hung above the city, warning people of its rainfall.  This was the only time he left his home, unless he wasn't acting like himself. 

The boy crossed the road, the pavement going from dry to wet in as little as five seconds.  Thousands of droplets hit the ground as it started to rain.  He didn't care that he was getting all wet from the rain, he couldn't get sick anyway.  He could care less.

It would've been better if he stayed inside the house for the time being, because maybe then, he wouldn't have hurt somebody else.  Someone that meant a whole lot to another someone.

As Jungkook turned the corner to another street, he unfortunately bumped into a boy who looked a little younger than him, maybe around thirteen or fourteen years old.  The kid held the hand of a gentle-looking girl, who was possibly around the same age as the other boy.

"Sorry, we didn't see you coming!"  the girl apologized, bowing her head slightly.  "Would you like a flower?"  she smiled as she reached into the pocket of her raincoat, taking out a small daisy and passing it to Jungkook.

The boy, who was still holding her hand, looked suspiciously at Jungkook as she passed him the flower.  "Hana, you cant just up and offer flowers to strangers...,"  he whispered, clenching his black umbrella closer to himself.

"No, silly.  He seems nice,"  the girl, Hana, whispered back.  "You're nice, right, mister?"  she asked, showing off her most loved smile.

Jungkook was at a loss of words.  This girl wasn't afraid of him.  It made him feel scared, honestly.  Hana seemed too sweet and innocent to be so kind with a killer like himself.  The boy beside her just kept staring at him, his expression unreadable.

"Will you be my friend?"  Hana suddenly asked, freaking the other boy out.  "It's okay, Jake, he means no harm,"  she assured, feeling confident in her words.

Jungkook backed up a step.  "You shouldn't— I could—"

"You wouldn't want to make a little girl cry, would you?"  she said, pouting as if she would burst into tears at any moment.