33| Mask [Part 2]

Back in the city of Busan, in a alleyway....

Stood Sangmi, holding the new born in her arms, rocking her softly while whispering lullabies.

She needed the baby to be asleep, so she could do the spell.

The masking spell would be something like a protection spell, but not entirely.  Instead of protecting you outside, it would protect you inside.  The masking would cover up yourself, modding you into someone else for a certain about of time.  It could range from 20-30 years, of course, if the spell isn't interrupted halfway through.

Sangmi successfully got the baby to sleep.  She smiled at the sleeping infant, ceasing her movement.

The witch set the child down carefully on the ground, but on the blanket she was wrapped around before.  She didn't want the baby dirty.

A couple words and the spell has started.  A strange, red glow emitted from the woman's hands that were held up towards the baby.  She knew that the spell would be painful if the child was awake, so that's why she made sure the baby was safely asleep.

An hour passed and the woman still stood with that strange glow on her hands.  She needed about an hour more (since it was a baby) before she could take the child back to her house, where she would take care of her until the spell would start to wear off.

The eerie, quiet alley was soon filled with soft footsteps.  Someone else was here.

"Crap,"

Sangmi couldn't stop now, if she did, the spell wouldn't last for at least 12 years.  Just a couple more minutes. . .

"You!  What are you doing with a baby!?"

A man approached, he had black hair with brown eyes.

A human.

"Back off."

"Why should I? Oh god! Did you steal her?!"

The man pushed the woman, not caring if she was hurt or not. He was obviously worried about the baby.

"What do you think you're doing!?"

Sangmi tried to get up, but the spell was already interrupted and her magic was weakened. . . This is bad.

"Get away from her!"

The woman tried to stop the man, but he already took the child, leaving Sangmi to sob how she lost her dead best friend's child already.

"I-I'll find you soon, but you won't recognize me at all."

Sangmi whispered to herself.  She got up and left the seen, letting things play out for themselves.  Not that she was a bad person, no.  She was a wonderful person, witch, and friend.  But she let fate decide how the child would live her life. 

The masking spell would only last 14 years.

— A/N —
How was this!?