V: The Punch

I'm so sorry this took so long!! Enjoy :)

Tuesday, August 14th
1:00 pm - Annabeth's living room

"Okay, so if you keep this baby, we're going to need a plan," Frederick said, handing both girls a glass of iced tea.

Annabeth and Thalia sat together on the couch, while Frederick took a seat in the armchair.

"Definitely," Annabeth sighed. She had done basically nothing in the past few days except vomit, worry, lay around the house, and vomit again. Things felt so much slower lately, and Annabeth was running out of crossword puzzles.

"Okay, so I think we can make the guest room into a nursery." Annabeth's father smiled at her, raising his eyebrows.

"That sounds great. I have to come up with a theme though, and that's after I find out the gender." Annabeth stared off for a second, already thinking of ways to decorate the room.

"Right, but that can come later, and I'll help you with that," Thalia said, smirking mischievously at Annabeth. She simply smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Okay. The one thing that's really important, is school. What are you going to do?" Frederick asked Annabeth.

"Oh god," she sighed. "That is like the one thing that I haven't quite wrapped my head around yet, um, it kind of stresses me out," Annabeth chuckled nervously. She really was worried about school. Finishing high school was one of her big-time goals. Needless to say, it was very important, and to not graduate wasn't an option. It was one of the things she had promised her mother, and there was no way she was going to let her down.

"Alright, calm the fuck down," Thalia said, nudging her. "We'll figure something out," she insisted, nodding.

"Yeah," Annabeth nodded, a plan already forming in her head. Even when her hormones were on high and she was puking almost every ten minutes, she was still quick on her toes, and her mind was, miraculously, sharp. "What if I stay in school until I start to show? Then, I'll stay home and you can just bring me all my notes and school work, Thalia. I'll hand in all my essays and homework assignments. It'll be like I'm working from home," she suggested.

"Sounds like a plan, Annie," Thalia smiled and nudged her. She grinned back at her friend, then at her father.

"This is gonna work," Annabeth said, nodding and smiling to herself.

It really was.

~*~

Annabeth stared at her phone where she had added the number, the name shown at the top of the screen.

Percy (914-728-1218)

She began to type for the fifth time, only to delete the small beginnings of her text, just like before. She had planned on texting Percy, but she just didn't know exactly what to say. How would she even have started a conversation with someone like Percy? And, once she did, what could she possibly discuss with him? She didn't really want to give him all the details of the past few days, because they were less and pleasant, and, to put it simply, boring.

She sighed in frustration after deleting another text.

"Who ya textin'?" Thalia jumped onto the bed, nearly scaring Annabeth out of her wits.

"No one," she said, turning off her phone. "Just a new friend," she said. It wasn't a lie.

"Oh, it's a boy, isn't it?" Thalia smirked.