XXI: The First Date

Annabeth's outfit^^^

Okay wow this chapter is kind of ridiculously long, 5000 words, and I'm so sorry for the wait you guys (you always tell me not to apologize, but idc bc im sorry.) Anyways, I hope you like this chapter, I love all of you so much :)

Saturday, November 3rd
12:15 pm - Annabeth's bedroom
13 weeks and 3 days

"Thalia," Annabeth whined.

"What?" Thalia asked from where she was sprawled on Annabeth's bed. She didn't look up from her phone.

"We have a problem." Annabeth turned around to face Thalia. "My bras don't fit anymore."

That got her attention. "What?"

"I mean, I pushed it for as long as I could but now my bras really don't fit," Annabeth explained. "It's actually painful at this point."

"Wow." Thalia's eyes widened. "You are suffering some severe quadro-boob."

"I know," Annabeth whined sadly. "What am I supposed to do? I can't not wear a bra."

"Why not? I do it all the time."

"In case you forgot you're like an A and I'm a C. Probably a D now." Annabeth hung her head sadly.

"Then I guess we're going shopping," Thalia said, standing up. "But I have no idea what I'm doing, and neither of us have a mother figure in our lives. Percy has a mom, though," she pointed out.

"No!" Annabeth looked at Thalia like she was crazy. Partly because she was. "I don't want the first bonding experience I have with Percy's mother to be bra shopping!"

"Why not? She was pregnant at one point. I mean Percy's here now, right?"

"Thalia, no." Annabeth sighed.

"I'm gonna call him," Thalia said, sitting back on the bed.

"And tell him what?" Annabeth asked, raising an eyebrow.

"That your boobs are bigger. That'll really get him over here fast," she said, laughing.

"Thalia! No!"

"Alright, fine," she relented.

Annabeth continued examining herself in the mirror. She was getting pretty close to coming out of school—her bump was getting bigger everyday. It was hard to think that she had just hit the three month mark. It was honestly slightly terrifying how fast time was going by. But oddly enough, she wasn't getting more worried everyday like she thought she would be. Instead, she was accepting things as they came. Just going slow.

"You think we still have some of mom's bras in the attic?" Annabeth asked Thalia. She often spoke to Thalia like she was her sister. Annabeth's mom had been a mother to Thalia as well, before and after Thalia's mom had died. While there are times when Annabeth misses her mother, she's still grateful that her mother was as incredible as she was. Thalia hadn't been so fortunate. Her mother wasn't home very often—she was always out for auditions, and getting mixed up with the wrong side of the fame industry. It wasn't a surprise when she passed, but it was still a difficult time for everyone. Thalia was only ten, and her father was barely ever around. That was when she and Jason spent a lot of nights at Annabeth's. It was fun for them, though. It was a good distraction for them from everything that was going on with their parents.

"I mean, probably. There's no harm in checking." Thalia shrugged and stood from the bed. Annabeth pulled on a shirt and they walked to the attic. The pulled down the ladder and climbed up, Annabeth following Thalia. She reached for the light, pulling the switch. Annabeth glanced around. The attic was still organized from when she had cleaned it years ago. She and her dad had fixed it up pretty nicely—shelves, new plastic bins, everything labeled. She walked over to where her mother's things were kept.