XXVII: The Loss

Okay I have no idea where all this motivation is coming from but I'm not jinxing this so get ready for some chapters. This is the full story and I hate this title, so ignore it please thank you but enjoy :)

Thursday, January 3rd
3:45 pm - Annabeth's dining room
22 weeks and 1 day (just over 5 months)

"So," Percy said, sitting down across from Annabeth and handing her hot chocolate. "Any ideas for the nursery?"

She thanked him for the warm drink and took a sip before placing it on the table. "I've actually thought a lot about it, I've been through probably a million phases—"

"Oh, I've seen the notebook," Percy laughed. Annabeth had a notebook where she wrote down everything about her pregnancy. She kept a calendar, wrote down research, planned special events like the gender reveal, and a name reveal. Of course, only the former of those things had happened yet, but she was excited. And of course, the plans for the nursery. They were turning the guest room into the baby's room, and they needed to start.

"Yeah," she agreed, nodding. "But nothing really gripped me, until now." She smiled widely at Percy.

"Hold on—I wanna guess," he stopped her. He put his hands together, pretending to think. "Flowers," he joked. Annabeth laughed. "Wait no—Disney Princesses!" he teased. "That's so it! I just know!" he exclaimed, making her laugh harder.

"No," she chuckled, Percy laughing as well. "I was thinking..." she left him in suspense for a minute. "Dinosaurs."

Percy's mouth spread into a grin. "That's perfect!"

"I know right!" Annabeth laughed. She was so excited. She sipped her hot chocolate. It was just her and Percy—it was the day before he had to go back to school, and he wanted to spend it with her. Thalia and Jason would have come, but their father had taken them to Bora Bora on the last few days of break. She missed them, but it was nice to have some alone time with her boyfriend. Her dad was away on business again, so they had the whole house to themselves.

The only reason her father allowed it was because he knew that Annabeth would never get up to anything with Percy—she didn't want to have sex, and it would just be weird now that she was pregnant. Not that she didn't think about it—it was a little hard not to when your boyfriend looks like a Greek god, and—. She needed to stop thinking like that. Her hormones just got worse and worse as the days went by.

But for now, they sat at the dining room table and drank hot chocolate while they both caught up on some school work. Percy had needed a little help with statistics, and Annabeth had offered to show him.

It was nice, just sitting with him. It made her think about what it would be like if this were their house, and they were together—no. That wasn't going to happen. Annabeth would not jeopardize Percy's future just because she liked his support. She really liked his support... but it didn't matter.

"You okay?" Percy asked.

"Yeah," Annabeth said, nodding; she must have been gazing off. "Sorry,"

"No it's alright," he said, nodding.

~*~

Thursday, January 3rd
6:05 pm - Annabeth's living room

"I'm hungry," Annabeth sighed.

"Me too," Percy agreed.

"You're always hungry,"

"Okay, yes but you're also hungry at this moment, and I thought it would be fitting to agree, Miss Chase," he explained.

Annabeth laughed. "Ooh," she said suddenly, looking over at Percy. They were sprawled on the couch; she was laying between his legs with her head on his stomach. They had been lounging, watching shitty Netflix movies and laughing at the characters for the past few hours, but they were taking a break. "You know what I'm craving really bad right now?"