XXVIII: The Name Reveal

Wooooowww this is an exciting chapter. I'm really excited right now ugh. But also kinda like bleh the way it came out idk it's short but it's an update right ??? (I'm sorry) but yeah And I've actually been to the restaurant Percy and Annabeth are at in the first part so its a real place this time lol.

Saturday, January 5th
7:30 pm - The Smith, New York City

"This is so good," Annabeth gushed over the food.

"I know right," Percy agreed. He had taken her to this restaurant in the city for their three month anniversary, and she had to say; Percy knew how to pick a restaurant. She usually picked where they went, but he insisted that he wanted to pick on his own this time. And he had done a good job.

"You did a good job, Seaweed Brain," she chuckled.

"See? I can do some things, Wise Girl," he retorted and they laughed. The food was great. The place was a little loud, but a lot of places in the city were, and she could still hear Percy, so it was alright. "Okay, so what do you think our waitress's name is?"

They played this game at a lot of restaurants that they went to. If the server didn't tell them their name, they tried to guess what it was. Their waitress now was short with sandy blonde hair, and a cute pair of glasses.

Annabeth thought for a second, taking another bite of her food. She swallowed. "Morgan," she decided.

"Final answer?"

"Yes," she laughed.

"Alright, I'm going with Vanessa," Percy said. When the waitress came back to check on them, he asked.

"How are you finding everything?"

"Incredible," Annabeth said, chuckling.

"I'm glad." She smiled. "Is there anything else I can get for you?"

"Actually, we play this game where we try to guess our server's name. So, if I could ask, what's your name?"

"Jordan," she said, almost laughing.

"Damn," Percy cursed. "I was close."

"You were not," Annabeth protested. "Vanessa is no where near Jordan. Morgan is way closer." She sipped her lemon water.

The waitress laughed. "I'd have to agree with your wife."

Woah.

Annabeth almost spit out her water. Did they really look old enough to be married? The pregnancy was probably the give away, but still. She wasn't opposed to marrying Percy, she still just felt like that was very far ahead of her right now. That wasn't even something she should be thinking about; it was never going to happen. But then where was this relationship going?

No. Annabeth couldn't be asking herself that question, at least not right now. She just needed to just enjoy Percy while she could.

"Thank you," Annabeth said, giving Percy a smug look and deciding to ignore the 'wife' thing.

Percy laughed. "Well, for as attacked as I feel right now, thank you for entertaining us," he thanked Jordan.

She laughed. "It's my pleasure." Then she turned and walked away.

"I totally won," Annabeth said, continuing to eat her food.

"Fine... but I wasn't that far off," he mumbled, eating another bite from his plate. A pause passed between them, and Annabeth knew exactly what Percy was thinking about, because she was thinking about it too. "That... that 'wife' thing was weird, huh?"