XXXI: The Post

^^annabeths bump (please forgive my terrible cropping skills)

Hello everyone! I'm so sorry that this took so long to get out. I've been going through a little bit of a rut but I was able to write this for you guys. But I apologize because most of my attention is going to my oneshots currently. I have a lot of fun projects open right now and I want to finish them so that's why breathe hasn't been moving very quickly. But aside from that I want to say thank you to all of you who continue to support me and show my writing love because that means the absolute world to me. Thank you guys !!! But yeah I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

Wednesday, February 20th
4:30 pm - Annabeth's living room
29 weeks pregnant

"Hey," Annabeth said, kissing Percy hello as he walked inside. Thalia, Grover, Silena and Connor followed him, everyone taking off their shoes and coats. She wasn't exactly expecting guests, but people were always in and out of the Chase house.

"Here is all of your homework," Thalia said, plopping a tall, thick stack of papers and textbooks on the kitchen counter.

"Lovely," Annabeth said.

"Even the stuff from your building geeks cult," Thalia said with some slight annoyance.

"You mean architecture club," Annabeth corrected.

"Same shit," she said, waving her hand dismissively. Annabeth just smirked and rolled her eyes.

"So, not that I don't love all your company, but why's everyone here?" she asked the group.

"Well, I thought why not come see my best friend? I missed you," Silena explained, smiling. The blonde grinned back, happy to hear that—she missed Silena too. She walked to Annabeth and put an arm around her, standing comfortably.

"I figured it wouldn't hurt to pay a visit!" Grover said cheerfully, giving his lopsided grin. "There was also talk of baby carrots."

Annabeth laughed and walked to the fridge. She pulled out the small bag and handed them to Grover, standing back at the island. He excitedly started eating them, crunching away.

"I just love you too much," Percy said honestly, shrugging. Annabeth chuckled at him before kissing his cheek.

Connor faked gagging, being incredibly dramatic. "I swear, I am just surrounded by love and it's disgusting."

"I know, right?" Thalia mumbled from where she was rummaging through the cabinets.

"I came here because Travis finally got the balls to ask Katie on a date. They're going tonight and he has to 'get ready.'" He mocked his brother, making air quotes with his fingers. "Katie this, Katie that—I mean, I like the girl but it's a bit much," he complained jokingly.

"Aww, really?" Annabeth said excitedly. She had been waiting for those two to get together forever. "I'm sad I missed it. I'm happy for them, though."

"I came here to escape it, but clearly that was a mistake," he griped exasperatedly. They all knew it was just to be funny—and it was, as they were all chuckling. "How can I relax when Mr. and Mrs. Jackson here are decorating their baby's nursery?"

"Woah, woah, woah," Annabeth said. She put her hands up to emphasize, STOP RIGHT THERE. "Percy and I are not married—marriage is not even on the table right now,"

"Yeah, pshhhhh what?" Percy said in a jokey way. Annabeth swatted his arm, to which he mumbled an 'ow' and stood up straight.

"Ooh, wait, is the nursery finished?" Silena asked excitedly. "Can we see it? Please, please, please?"