X: The Hangout

Wow this is almost obnoxiously long ha. It's like 5,000 words. Anyways, I am so sorry that this took so long to get out. I've been crazy busy with volleyball and my mom just had foot surgery, so that's fun. I've also been struggling with a lack of motivation, but I'm figuring it out. Also I didn't edit this (which is a dangerous game I know) but I'm so exhausted. Anyways, I hope you guys like this. Love you <3

Friday, September 21st
5:05pm - Silena Beauregard's mansion

"You know, its weird," Annabeth began to say, looking back at Thalia. Percy, Thalia, and Annabeth were all sitting in the car as it was parked outside of Silena's. They had decided to carpool, Percy picking the girls up from Annabeth's house. "I've been to so many parties and yet, as we pull up to Silena's for a small gathering, I'm freaking out." Annabeth decided that she needed to voice her concerns from now on, instead of keeping them all in her head. She realized that she would drive herself crazy if she left all of her thoughts unsaid.

"That's because you freak out over everything these days," Thalia pointed out. "You'll be fine."

"And if you want to leave at any time, you come and get me or Thalia, and we can go," Percy added. He looked over at Annabeth with a reassuring grin. She gave him a grateful smile. That small look from Percy somehow calmed her nerves in the slightest. She didn't know why, or how, but Percy was able to calm her down; he was like her rock. She thought how good he had been to her earlier, when she was crying in that classroom. He really was a good friend.

"I think I'm okay now." Annabeth exhaled. It was a small hangout. What cold go wrong? Annabeth immediately internally cursed herself for thinking that; something always goes wrong when someone says that.

They all got out of the car, making their way into the house--correction, mansion. Silena's mother was unbelievably wealthy, so her house was absolutely stunning. Annabeth couldn't help but admire the architecture every time she saw it. The house had five floors, one of which was dedicated entirely to Silena. The inside was just as incredible as the outside, if not more so. Annabeth could go on and on about this house, but she'd still be talking about by Monday.

The three walked inside the house, getting everyone's attention. "Hey!" they all cheered.

"Welcome!" Silena greeted them with a big smile and a cup in her hands. Annabeth scanned all the faces--there were a lot more than she had realized.

Jason and Beckendorf were sitting together along with Travis and Connor Stoll. They were all talking about something as they lounged on the sofa. Then there was Grover, who stood next to his girlfriend Juniper as she talked to Katie--they were both plant nerds, but Annabeth thought it was cute. A frizzy, red-haired girl Annabeth didn't know stood with them. Then there was Drew, who stood behind Silena after saying hello. Annabeth also spotted Nico DiAngelo and Will standing next to each other, their body language stiff and awkward. Annabeth couldn't keep the smile off of her face, they were so funny. Annabeth knew that Will had been eyeing DiAngelo for a little while now. They were such opposites that it actually could work.

"Can I get you guys drinks?" Silena asked. Annabeth noticed the red cup in her hand.

"Sure," Thalia said.

"We'll pass," Percy answered for both himself and Annabeth. She gave a small smile, then looking back at Percy, who shrugged, making her grin. Then, his attention was taken elsewhere. "Rachel?" Annabeth followed his gaze to the red haired girl she didn't know.

"Percy?" She seemed to know him as well. She wore jeans that were covered in different colors of paint, and spiral designs that looked to be drawn on. Her blue t-shirt was one from an art camp. Annabeth figured she enjoyed painting. She had a feeling that her look matched her personality quite well, meaning this encounter could go two ways. She wasn't taller than Annabeth, but she wasn't short either.