XXIX: The Disagreement

Hehehehehehehhee
Hello! Thank you for your support and I'm sorry that my updates keep taking so long but I just want them to be decent for y'all. I've also kinda been in a funk lately but maybe these next few chapters will help me out if it. Anyways this is kinda short but I hope you guys like this one even though I know you won't 😈😈
Ps. I hate this title so much so please ignore it thank you

Thursday, February 7th
3:15 pm - Dr Wilkins' Office

"So, Annabeth," Dr. Wilkins said, sitting down. "How are we doing?"

"Pretty good." Annabeth nodded. "Everything's normal. There was just one thing I was a little concerned about. I was experiencing some pain, and I did a little research and I'm fairly certain they're just Braxton Hicks contractions, but I just wanted to make sure," she explained.

She remembered when it had first happened—Percy was freaking out a little bit. It was quite funny because they didn't really hurt, but he was so concerned.

"Yes well, you're 27 weeks and 1 day, so you're just over six months. As you enter your third trimester, Braxton Hicks contractions are normal. As long as they're not incredibly painful for you, they're nothing to be worried about," the doctor explained as she spread the gel onto Annabeth's belly.

Percy seemed to relax in his seat. She snickered at him slightly. He looked at her and cracked a small smile.

"See, I'm perfectly fine," she reassured him.

Dr. Wilkins chuckled. "That's usually how it goes. But your girlfriend is a-okay."

The first time Percy came to her appointment Dr. Wilkins thought he was the father. After some explaining she understood that he wasn't, and thankfully she wasn't judgmental at all.

"And here is your baby boy," she said, pushing the transducer gently against Annabeth's belly. She grinned at the sight of her baby.

"Oh my god," she breathed. "He's getting so big," she chuckled, wiping her eyes. Tears slightly blurred her vision. You'd think it would have gotten old by now—but every time it felt brand new and exciting all over again. It was truly the most beautiful thing she had ever seen.

"Little Finnley is about the size of a head of lettuce. He's approximately 14 inches long and weighs almost two pounds," Dr. Wilkins explained.

"That's incredible," Percy said, grinning. Annabeth took his hand and squeezed, her smile getting wider.

"So how much weight have you gained?" The doctor asked.

"Uh..." Annabeth thought for a second. "I've gained about 21 pounds, and it's been pretty steady."

"Perfect. Whatever you're doing, keep doing it," she chuckled, grinning.

Annabeth thought about the weight she had gained. She wasn't incredibly heavy for her normal weight, but she certainly felt... rounder. Luckily it didn't show too much in her face. She knew that that was all normal—and there was nothing wrong with that. But she had just been having a few minor self esteem issues.

She knew that she would be beautiful no matter what, and what her body was doing was an incredible process. But being so hormonal made it a little difficult to look at it that way all the time. She was getting better at embracing it, however. She just had to keep her head up—her son was growing inside her belly. That was so amazing—she had to focus on that.

~*~

Thursday, February 7th
4:10 pm - McDonald's drive-through