XXX: The Fix Up

Ok so hi :) i thought of the title because I really like this song state champs is great check em out
Also this chapter was HELLA short but then I made it longer so yay :)
But yeah I hope you guys enjoy this oneeee love you <3

Friday, February 8th
11:50 a.m. - the Goode High Cafeteria

"Hey, Percy!" Grover said, scooting down the bench to make room for his friend.

"Hey." Percy tried for a smile, but he knew he had failed. Everyone stared at him as he sat down, trying not to look as dejected as he felt.

"What's wrong?" Silena asked, sipping her drink.

Percy really didn't want to talk about it. He didn't even want to think about it. Fighting with Annabeth was something he never wanted to do—ever. And he was right in feeling that way, because look at where they were now. He wanted to text her so badly, to get something from her, anything. But he knew that he shouldn't. She had hurt him. Even though he knew she didn't mean to, it still ached.

"Nothing," he said lightly, trying to reassure them by shaking his head. No one seemed to buy it.

"Oh my god, the weirdest thing happened in bio today," Will spoke up, grabbing everyone's attention and changing the subject. But Thalia's eyes lingered on Percy.

"Are you alright?" she mouthed to him. He shrugged. He assumed that she knew what had gone on—Thalia was Annabeth's best friend and they tell each other everything.

Their silent conversation was put on hold when Grover yelped. Percy immediately looked up to see Matt Sloan and Nancy Bobofit standing over his friend. There was spaghetti draped over Grover's shoulder and a bit on his head.

"Oops," Nancy said sarcastically, smirking. Matt grinned evilly as well. Juniper quickly tried to help Grover clean up the pasta.

Percy stood up and his jaw tightened. "Why don't you fuck off?" He said it more like a demand than a question. He was in no mood to deal with bullies today.

"Ooh, Jackson thinks he's hot shit now," Matt teased, a snark finding its place on his ugly face. "Where's your bitch to keep you in check? Oh wait, Annabeth's not here."

Percy clenched his fist and tried to calm down—it wasn't working. By this point, Beckendforf, Thalia, and Travis also stood up. Percy slowly walked around the table to face Matt.

"Say it again, Matt," he taunted, getting right in Sloan's face. Percy had a few inches on the kid, so his height was an advantage. "Say it again."

Matt laughed quietly. Nancy chimed in from behind him, "He thinks he's scary." She giggled. Percy dismissed it—he couldn't hit a girl. But there was almost nothing stopping him from beating the shit out of Matt. Even if he did have his little posse of football players behind him.

"Say something else about her, I dare you," Percy threatened. It didn't matter what had gone on the night before, or at any time at all—Percy loved Annabeth, and he would defend her until the day he died.

"I think I finally know why you're so angry," Matt announced. "You know Luke used to have the same problem." Percy's jaw tightened further, his teeth grinding together.

"Percy, it's not worth it," Beckendorf said, trying to reach for his arm. Percy ignored it, waiting for Matt to finish.

"No, what's my problem, Sloan?" he taunted again.

"The bitch won't put out—"

CRACK!

In a split second Percy's fist met Matt's face and sent him straight to the floor. Thalia and Connor were quick to grab Percy before he could do anything else, while Beckendorf handled the football team before it turned into a blood bath.