XVIII: The Email

Wow I am so sorry that I'm a complete mess. Thank you guys so much for your endless support, even when it takes me a month to update 💀💀 you already know I love y'all.

Sunday, October 14th
10:05 am - Percy's bedroom

Percy took a deep breath in, blinking his eyes as they adjusted. Sunlight streamed through his window. His arms were wrapped around Annabeth and his head was in her chest. As far as he could tell, she was till sleeping. He carefully moved to glance up at her.

She looked so peaceful, so beautiful. Percy watched her for a few moments. He liked her like this. Well, he liked her all the time, especially when she was laughing and smiling. But now, she was just so... stress free. He was happy to see her that way.

He carefully laid his head back on her chest, enjoying her warmth. Of course, Percy knew that they were just friends, but he liked laying with her. He was a little nervous with about how she would react when he complemented her. He didn't really mean to even do it; sometimes he just couldn't help it.

But now, here they were. He remembered last night. It was one of the nightmares he used to get, from Gabe. He hadn't had one in a long time, but every once and a while they resurfaced. It was usually pretty hard for him to calm down, but when Annabeth hugged him, he just immediately felt safe.

Suddenly, Annabeth stirred. She opened her eyes and Percy picked up his head. She breathed in through her nose, stretched her shoulders slightly, and closed her eyes again.

"Morning, Sunshine," Percy said, his voice thick with sleep. He sat up as she stretched her arms.

"Hm," Annabeth hummed. She crinkled her nose which was possibly the cutest thing Percy had ever seen. "What time is it?"

"Um," Percy searched for his phone and checked the time. "Like ten."

"That's not so bad," she mumbled. She rubbed her eyes and yawned. Percy flopped back into his pillows. "Come on, we should get up." She placed a hand on his shoulder, and his skin felt tingly. Then she stood up from the bed and walked to the window. "Looks like the storm passed. It's gorgeous out."

Percy groaned. Then he rolled out of his bed and stood behind Annabeth. He resisted the urge to hug her.

"How about, after we brush our teeth, we make some breakfast?" She turned to face him, giving a small smile.

"Sounds good."

~*~

Sunday, October 14th
1:35 pm - Annabeth's house

"You ready to go?" Percy asked as Annabeth came down the stairs. He had driven her home so she could shower and get a fresh pair of clothes. Percy realized she hadn't brought down his clothes. Subconsciously, he smiled. Now, she wore skinny jeans and a big sweater, her golden curls pulled back into a ponytail. Her face looked clean and glowy; she had no makeup on. Pregnancy really does make you glow, he thought. She looked beautiful.

"Yep," she said. "I think that Alfred still might be at the park," she started, grabbing her bag and slinging it over her shoulder. "I say we pay him one last visit."

"I say we do," Percy agreed. The walked to the car, Annabeth locking the door behind them. They got in and Percy began the drive to the park.

~*~

Sunday, October 14th
2:15 - The local park

Percy had parked across the park from the pond so he and Annabeth could walk and talk all the way there.