XXIV: The First Kicks

Ok I did it enjoy :)

Friday, December 14th
5:45 pm - Annabeth's bedroom
18 weeks and 2 days

"Thalia," Annabeth whined. "What am I gonna wear?"

"You're asking me? That's cute," she remarked. Although, she wasn't wrong. Annabeth and Thalia had completely different styles, and the dark haired girl didn't really enjoy fashion.

"Percy's gonna be here in 40 minutes and I have to get dressed and do my hair and makeup," she complained. Percy was taking her on a date this evening, and he insisted it be a surprise (despite her relentless pestering, of course). She was buzzing with excitement—she found that Percy usually made her feel that way. Just the thought of spending time with him put a smile on her face.

"Call Silena," Thalia suggested. "She knows what she's doing."

Annabeth sighed and grabbed her phone, texting her friend.

Annabeth: hey I need your help

Silena: what do you need?

Annabeth: I'm going on a date and have no idea what to wear

Silena: ooooh Annie's goin on a dateeee

Annabeth: lmao come on I need help

Silena: when's Percy getting you?

Annabeth: 6:30

Silena: I can be there in five

Annabeth: you're my savior

Silena: of course, xx

Annabeth put her phone in her desk. "Silena's coming in five minutes," she told Thalia.

"Cool." Thalia just kept scrolling through her phone, sprawled in Annabeth's bed. She was usually like that.

Quicker than Annabeth thought, there was a knock at the door. She walked down the stairs, answering the door.

"Hey babe!" Silena greeted her, a dazzling grin on her face. Drew stood behind her, her head down as she stared at her phone.

"Hi," Annabeth said, letting them in. "Hi Drew,"

"Oh hi Anna." She still didn't look up from her phone. Instead, just started angrily typing something, her nails tapping against the screen. There was no trying with her, so Annabeth gave up.

"I need your help. Percy's gonna be here soon and I haven't done anything to get ready because I feel like I have nothing to wear," she rambled. She usually did that when she was nervous.

"Okay, calm down," Silena reminded her, leading then up to Annabeth's room. "I'm sure that there's something you can wear because you have great clothes. And you already know that I can work with anything," she added. That was true. Silena could fashion a potato sack to look good.

They made it into her room where Drew took a seat on her bed next to where Thalia was sprawled out. You wouldn't think they'd get along, but their sense of humors weren't too different. And plus, they were both sucked into their phones at the moment.

"Let's see what we're working with here." Silena opened Annabeth's closet.

~*~