XII: The Sickness

Hi! I am so so so sorry that this took so long! Thank you for your patience and support. My motivation has been low recently, but we're powering through. I've added how far along Annabeth is in her pregnancy to make things easier for me and let you guys know too. Anyways, I hope you like it! Love you guys <3 

Monday, September 24th
11:45 am - Goode High's cafeteria
Seven weeks and 5 days

"How you holding up?" Thalia asked, placing down her lunch tray and taking a seat next to Annabeth. "Sorry that I couldn't talk much this weekend. Things have been a little crazy, with my dad suddenly appearing out of nowhere."

"Yeah, how's that going?" Annabeth asked. Mr. Grace had never really been present when Thalia and Jason were young, but he showed up for a few months—out of the blue, almost—after their mother died. Annabeth had never really liked Mr. Grace, but he was a powerful man and she had never come in contact with him to tell him so.

"Eh, its alright. It's not like we need him there. I've been taking care of Jason since even before my mom died—didn't need him then, don't need him now." Thalia had never really been touchy about the subject, at least with Annabeth. Not many people really knew about Thalia's family, and a lot were too afraid to ask questions. Annabeth didn't blame them.

"I know, Thals." Annabeth nodded.

"Anyways, forget about my family issues, how are you?"

"I'm pretty good, actually." Annabeth smiled a bit, thinking of Saturday night. And how they had texted all day Sunday.

"What is that?" Thalia asked, pointing to her Annabeth's smirk and blushing cheeks. "What did you do?" Thalia got more excited, a grin spreading across her face.

"Percy—"

"I fucking knew it!" Thalia exclaimed. A few people glanced at them from other tables. Neither girl cared.

"Shut up!" Annabeth scolded, though she couldn't get the smile off her face. "Percy and I went out Saturday night. It's not a big deal," she insisted.

"Bullshit!" Thalia protested. "Something happened. Did you guys make out? You so made out." She smirked.

"No we didn't! Not everything has to be making out and having sex, calm down. He took me to the beach... at 2 a.m."

"Oh my god! How do you go to the beach in the middle of the night and not f—"

"Maybe because we know that there's more to life than that and are very aware of the fact that we are just friends," Annabeth quickly cut Thalia off before she could finish her sentence. "Besides, why would he want me? He could have anyone and he would choose the pregnant and confused girl who's struggling just to make it from one day to the next? Yeah right." Annabeth frowned and went back to her lunch.

"Hey," Thalia said more seriously. "Anyone would be lucky to have you, you know. And almost everyone already knows it. You've drowned it out since freshman year, but all the guys still stare at you, Annie. Stop putting yourself down so much. I sound like a sappy bitch, and I am not a sappy bitch, so you know I mean it." Thalia smiled at her.

Annabeth wiped the tears away before they could fall. "Thanks, Thals."

"Now. Tell me what really happened—"

"Hey guys." Annabeth looked up. There, smiling and looking great even in the shitty cafeteria lighting, stood Percy. "Mind if I sit?"

"Not at all, Kelp Head," Thalia said cheekily, smirking.

Percy put down his lunch tray right next to Annabeth. He gave her a little smile, which she returned. "I hope my mac and cheese isn't too smelly," he joked.