1) Stolen from Earth

The students of the Galaxy Garrison - a military organization with the purpose of training promising young individuals to become the next generation of astroexplorers - were all headed to their rooms.

I was doing the same thing, keeping my head in my book as I walked. The halls were quiet and dark, only faint light shinning on the floor. I almost didn't see a person standing at the end of the hallway. I slid into my room, thinking what I saw was just my imagination.

Someone snuck into my room, making me jump off my bed to attack them, but they quickly blocked my attacks and covered my mouth, a hand behind my neck to keep me from moving away.

"Shh, I just wanted to talk to you," the familiar voice whispered.

He let me go and I turned on the light. The boy standing in front of me was Keith. Keith Kogane, a hotheaded, temperamental 17 year old with violet eyes and a black mullet on his head. A loner and rebel by nature with "discipline issues", as described by Commander Iverson.

"I didn't know what else to do so I thought I'd come ask you"

I sighed, then spoke in the British accent I had picked up from my parents growing up. "As if you getting kicked out of the Garrison wasn't enough, now we have word that Shiro and the others on that mission have gone missing. Is it what I think it is? Is it about the Kerberos mission?"

"Something bigger than that. I found something, I want to know what you think about it"

He led me to the old house he was staying at in the middle of the desert. The small house was cleaned up, but what drew my attention was a bulletin board with different pictures, notes and other things posted on it.

There was a map of the area with several notes and lines drawn on it. Keith explained how he was drawn out to the desert by some kind of strange energy that drove him to search for something. He discovered several caves with carvings about a blue lion, but couldn't learn anything else.

"You've been busy since you left"

"What have you been doing?"

"It's probably what you'd expect. I'm still at the Garrison, and I'm still the top mechanic/tech genius of the whole school, I was recently given the rank of junior officer," I took a step closer to the board, looking at the picture of the marking of a blue lion. "Blue Lion?"

"I don't know what it is, but it's appeared multiple times in that cave"

I started muttering to myself. "I've heard of it before. The Blue Lion, other lions, something called-"

"Do you know something about it?"

"It's a part of something bigger. My mum mentioned it in one of her stories, but I thought it was only something she made up for the story"

"What did she say about it?"

I scratched the back of my head in thought. "It's a robot, a weapon, something we can't let get into the hands of an alien kind named the Galra. Now that I think about it it's all too elaborate to be some made up story. Then again, my mum was an awfully elaborate person"

As I stepped away from the board, I looked outside the window, finding a small and alien ship landing about a hundred feet away from the house. Some sort of alien in armour stepped out, another two following behind it, all with weapons in their hands.

"Keith, we need to hide"

"Why?" He asked, coming to stand beside me. "What is that?"

"An alien ship. Aliens. Aliens with weapons that are probably going to kill us," I rambled.

"Stay here"

I grabbed a crowbar that was laying on a table with many other tools. "You're not going alone, I'm coming with you"

He grabbed a weapon of his own, leading the way outside to the ship. The aliens saw us, aiming their guns at us, but they didn't shoot.

"Target found," one of them said.

"You!" Another shouted at us. "Hand over the girl, now!"

"Me?" I questioned, tightening my grip on the crowbar. "Why do you need me?"

They didn't answer my question. Keith started to grow wary, stepping in front of me, guarding me from the soldiers. They made a circle around us to keep us from escaping.

"Why are you here?" Keith demanded.

"For the girl," one answered.

"I missed one chance to go into space, that was because I was too young for the Kerberos mission. I think I'll pass on this one too," I state.

They started shooting at Keith and one of them grabbed my arms. But the shots weren't bullets, it was lasers, something that would've amazed me if I wasn't being kidnapped.

Keith tried to stop them but he was more busy dodging fire. I wanted to try to fight back, I had the crowbar in my hand after all, but that was hard to do with a gun aimed at my head.

I was dragged away while Keith kept avoiding getting shot, the aliens backing up towards the ship so they could leave. When we were far enough away, approaching the ship, they stopped shooting at him.

"Aris!" He shouted, immediately starting to run.

Keith ran as fast as he could, his face looking uneasy, but he was too far away and unable to run fast enough. He didn't stop even as I was yanked into the ship.

"Aris!"

"Find what you're searching for, don't let them take it!" I shouted before the door of the ship was firmly closed and I would be dragged into space.

He stopped running and questioned what I said. "What?"

"Heed my words, Kogane"

That was the last thing I said to him. After that I was dragged towards a cell as the ship took off, fighting against the robot like guards. A tall creature with purple skin and cat-like ears passed by us with another one of those high tech guns in his hand.

"Let go of me!" I yell.

"Stop talking, you're now a prisoner of Zarkon"

I growled, not knowing how I knew the name but recognizing how evil it was. Zarkon was evil, his one goal in life was to take over every planet in the universe and rule it all.

He wanted the Lions, the Lions that formed Voltron. That's what Mum told me in those stories she had. But now that I was here, on an alien ship that belonged to someone named Zarkon, and I had just learned that the Blue Lion is somewhere on Earth, I knew it couldn't be fake. It had to be real.