10) Greening the Cube

"Let's hurry up with these repairs. Zarkon could be here at any moment," Shiro told us.

We were all floating outside the Castle, trying to do repairs. Hunk pulled out the panel, everyone else looking confused as to what to do next.

"Okay, panel's off. Now, what?" Hunk asked.

"Very simple. Just loosen the blaxums on the somoflange," Coran explained.

"Could you be more specific?"

"Sorry, Hunk, he means the poklones on the agroclams," Allura said.

"No, that doesn't help"

"Easy, Hunk. I got this," Lance said, pushing Hunk out of the way.

"I don't think you do. Lance, you might end up destroying the Castle," I comment.

He ignored me, pressing some buttons as I spoke, making the tube turn red and an alarm go off.

"No, not the smalters, the poklones!" Allura yelled.

"No, no! It's the blaxums!" Coran corrected.

"What are you talking about?" Keith asked.

Pidge and I moved over to the panel, the both of us working together to quickly and easily fix the problem Lance created. The red turned back to blue and we high fived.

"Well done, Pidge and Aris!" Allura congratulated us.

"The tech on this ship never ceases to amaze me," Pidge said, star struck. "It's so mathematically elegant. Its fit is a 100 times more frictionless than any exoskeleton we have on Earth. It's... beautiful"

"It's not a sunset, Pidge," Lance told her.

"You're right. A billion sunsets just happen everyday. Some genius engineer actually built this"

"I happen to find this extremely beautiful too," I said. "It's so perfect and flawless"

"Just like you," Lance winks at me, making me roll my eyes.

"Kinda looks like a big, delicious curly fry," Hunk pointed out. "What the...?"

I looked over at Hunk, noticing something that looked like snow had hit his helmet, and we were flying towards a whole field of it.

"All right, we're prepared for this," Shiro said, his shield in front of him. "Remember your rogue projectile cluster training from the Garrison. First, we need a temporary shelter. Wha-"

Shiro got hit in the back of the helmet by one of the spores, turning around shocked to look at Lance who had thrown it.

"Oh, sorry, Shiro. I was trying to hit Keith"

Keith then grabbed one of them and threw it directly at Lance's face. "Like that?" He asked with a chuckle.

"Yes! Squishy asteroid fight!" Hunk yelled excitedly.

While everyone started fighting with the 'squishy asteroids' as Hunk called them, Pidge and I looked at them, trying to figure out what they were.

"I don't think these are asteroids. Coran, I'm going to need a containment unit," Pidge said, grabbing one.

"Just a tick"

"They appear to be some sort of hyper resilient spore," Allura said.

"This bioluminescent pulsing doesn't seem natural. It appears programmed. I think it's a code," Pidge said, placing it in the containment unit.

"A code? From who?" Hunk asked, getting hit in the face right after.