3) Taking Flight

Everyone stared at Lance in the pod, curious as to wether he was actually healing or not. It had been around a day since we were attacked. Coran, another Altean, and Hunk, the yellow Paladin, got back with a new crystal.

"I can't tell if he looks healthy or not," Hunk said.

"I think he's breathing weird," Pidge commented.

"Oh, come on!" Keith groaned, getting annoyed with waiting.

"Not yet! A few more ticks," Allura stopped him.

"How much better do you think he's gonna get in a few more ticks?"

"And what exactly is a tick?" Pidge asked.

"You know, a time slice," Allura said like it were obvious.

"Like a second?" Shiro asked.

"What is a "second"?"

"Like this," Pidge said, pulling out a clock on his phone to show Allura.

"I'm not sure. I think ticks are bigger. Coran, do you have a ticker?"

"Right here, Princess," Coran said, pulling out a device that looked similar to what Pidge held.

"I think ticks are a little slower," Hunk said.

"I can't tell. We have to start them at the same time," Pidge said.

"Okay. Ready, go!" Coran announced.

"Yes, I think we're winning!" Hunk said excitedly.

"Winning what? The intergalactic time measuring competition?" Keith retorted.

"Yes"

"You guys having a clock party?" A new voice asked.

"Aw, Lance, you just ruined it. Hey, Lance!" Hunk said, hugging Lance as he realized he was awake.

"What happened?"

"We can tell you all about it while you get something to eat. Are you able to walk?" Allura asked him.

"Talking? Eating? Are you asking me out on a date?" Lance asked with a charming but tired smirk.

"Yep, he's okay,"
"There he is,"
"Classic," everyone commented.

"Allura, do you have anything I could wear for the time being?" I asked her, looking down at the prisoner outfit I had worn since I was kidnapped. "I'm starting to hate these rags Sendak made me wear"

She smiled. "Go take anything from my closet. I'll have the mice show you the way"

I followed the small mice who were scurrying down the hallway, not giving me much time to follow along. Most of the clothes in her closet were big ball gowns, but eventually I found a nice purple dress that wasn't too big.

The others were in a dinning room, letting Lance eat and regain his energy. They all looked over at me when they heard me enter.

"Wow, you look amazing, Aris!" Allura told me with a wide smile.

"Thanks, but this was the only thing I could find that wasn't too over the top"

"Who's this?" I heard Lance ask flirtatiously, standing up and leaning against the chair he had been sitting in.

"Aris"

"The missing mechanic? The one Pidge idolizes?"

"He's an idiot! You're an idiot!" Pidge said to me then to Lance.

I raised an eyebrow, looking over at Pidge who was now sheepishly scratching the back of his neck. Now that I looked at him, I recognized the face a bit, and the glasses that used to belong to Matt Holt. He was the sister of the brother, she was Katie Holt.