38) Knights of Light

The Paladins and Coran called Shiro and I down to the situation room. We floated through the halls, both wondering about what was going on.

"You wanted to see us?" Shiro asked.

"We've been working on something and we thought we'd run it by you," Pidge told Shiro.

"So you don't need me?" I asked, hoping I could get back to helping my Mum and Sam with whatever they needed to do.

"We do, we want to know what you think too. There might be something you can do to help"

"We think we might have a way to find Honerva," Keith said.

Shiro and I both went and sat down at the table, ready for them to explain everything to us. Lance didn't look too happy as Allura started explaining.

"The entity has bonded me to Honerva. The link is there wether we utilize it or not. I believe that if the Paladins connect using the shared consciousness of Voltron, we may be able to travel through the void and into Honerva's mind"

"That could, in theory, give us access to her physical location as well as key information on how to defeat her," Pidge said.

"Which, after what happened the last time we faced her, could be super useful," Hunk added.

"Honerva is capable of creating galactic Komars, wormholes, Robeasts. And now Lotor and his mech are out there somewhere. She is the single greatest threat the universe has ever faced, and we don't have any other leads," Keith said.

"If you look at it she's always been the biggest threat. She was more powerful than Zarkon, she could've easily stopped Lotor if she wanted to. She was always the one in charge," I commented.

Keith sighs. "And now we have to face her. It might take lifetimes for another opportunity like this to come around. We think this is worth the risk"

"I spent a lot of time in the infinite void. It took all my strength not to lose my sanity. And if you face Honerva in the void, she will win. But... if you could find a clue that leads to defeating Honerva and Lotor, it could give us the upper hand in this fight," Shiro said.

"I don't like the idea of using Allura like this," Lance said. "We're messing with powers we don't fully understand that have ruined countless lives. It's... it's dangerous"

"Lance, we're Paladins of Voltron. There is no one more capable of taking this on. It has to be us," Allura said, standing up.

Pidge, Keith and Hunk stood up. Then so did Shiro and Coran. Lance clearly didn't want to, but he stood up as well.

"Let's do it," he said, holding onto Allura's hand.

"Besides, the team will have our sharpshooter there to keep us safe"

"I knew that nickname was gonna catch on one of these days"

"Aris, why aren't you standing with us?" Hunk asked.

"Oh, I'm all in for this plan, I don't like it but I'm in. I'm just thinking of the void... I somehow connected with you guys once before, maybe with me there and Allura with whatever she has inside of her we will definitely be able to do this," I chuckled and stood up. "We're so similar now, Allura, we both have a power of sorts that we have no clue how to handle. Let's work this out together"

"Of course," she said with a smile.

"It's been a long time since it was only the eight of us in a room together," Coran said.

"Let's make sure it's not the last," Keith said.

Everyone went to their Lions and I went in the Black Lion. They formed Voltron, each of them putting their bayards into the bayard port, and then we rushed into darkness. When I opened my eyes the others were around me, light speeding past us. When we spoke our voices echoed loudly.