28) The Ruins

We had changed around the situation with the Lions again. This time it was Krolia, Mum and I with Keith in the Black Lion. Shiro and Pidge in the Green Lion. Romelle and Coran with Allura in the Blue Lion.

I was sleeping soundly, even through the exercise they were doing with their Lions, until Mum came and woke me up.

"We've received a distress signal that we're going to check out, you should get ready"

"Why did Aris get to sleep in?" Lance whined.

"Because she's still recovering. For some reason her wound isn't healing like it should be," Mum said.

"Something might've infected the wound," Krolia suggested. "Or it has something to do with the amount of sleep she hasn't been getting"

"I actually think that my lack of sleep is because of this wound, which is making it even more difficult for it so heal," I told them, yawning.

"You missed it, Aris, we decided on a name for the wolf. Kosmo," Hunk informed me.

"I like it"

We landed on a planet, in a town that was in ruins.

"I still can't tell exactly where the signal originates," Pidge said.

"Did you triangulate it's location?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I'll keep trying"

"The signs are all around us. There was a massacre here," Krolia said.

"Some of this damage looks like it's from magic," Allura said.

"Everyone stay alert," Shiro said.

We kept walking, trying to to find some clues that might've been left in the rubble or destroyed buildings.

"These strike patterns look Marmoran," Krolia said, running a hand over a crease in a wall.

"Keep looking," Keith said. "We need to find whatever Blade is broadcasting that signal"

Kosmo turned his head and started growling at something. Then he ran over a pile of rubble, jumping down on the other side. We ran after him and found he had tackled someone.

"Good job. Who are you? Who's broadcasting the signal?"

"It was me," they said.

"Impossible. You're no Blade of Marmora"

"I will explain all if you would put down your weapons"

"Let's see what he has to say," Krolia said.

He brought us to his little camp and he set up a fire. All around there was garbage, flies buzzing around the garbage, and stuff dripping from the ceiling.

"This place is disgusting," Romelle states.

"I have called this place home for the past two decaphoebs," the man said.

"Oh, well, 'disgusting' is Altean for 'lovely'. You don't speak Altean, do you?"

"This is where the signal was coming from. Somewhere below us," Pidge told us.

"You are clever. But I wouldn't expect less from the Paladins of Voltron," he said.

"You recognize us?" Lance asked.

"Of course, of course. Though, I am surprised to see you. All were certain you perished"

"Yeah, we just found that out. But we're back"

"And I am so greatful that you are. It's been so long since I've had... guests"

"Well, thank you for your hospitality, but who are you?" Shiro asked. "What happened here?"