20) A New Defender

"It appears that all of the planets we've engaged have been pacified, if not totally liberated," Coran groaned when an alarm went off. "Wait. There's another Galra battle cruiser approaching Naxzela"

"Sector Zar Niomofor is clear," Matt said. "Let me see if I can get a line on that battle cruiser. Zaiforge cannon Senfama, are you still oprational?"

Keith sighed. "Negative"

"That incoming battle cruiser must have shut them down remotely," Coran said.

"Sorry, Shiro. That's it for artillery support. What should we do about that cruiser?"

"That cruiser's gonna be too late. Naxzela's almost secure. We just need to take out the last of the heavy artillery," Shiro said.

I sat in my chair and looked at the scan of Naxzela, seeing how it was going for Voltron and the Paladins, and noticed something was happening. I stood up abruptly.

"Voltron, you need to get out of there now! I think the Witch is trying to destroy the planet!" I ordered, hoping they'd hear me.

But I only received static. I groaned and ran for the hangars, jumping in my ship. I took off for Naxzela, hoping I'd make it before the Paladins and Voltron were destroyed.

"Aris, where are you going?" Coran asked me.

"I need to check on something with Naxzela. From the readings I was getting it looked like the planet was becoming unstable. Might just be nothing, I'm going to check it out"

"Coran, are there any targets that need support?" I heard Keith ask.

"I haven't heard of anyone needing help. And that Galra fleet heading towards Naxzela stopped," Coran answered.

"Stopped?"

"Yes, quite a distance away, too"

"Perhaps the Galra decided it's too well fortified to attack," Kolivan suggested.

"Victory or death is the Galra way," Keith said. "They never stop attacking. Voltron. Shiro, can you hear me? Shiro! Something's wrong"

"Paladins? Allura? What's happened?" Coran asked. "It must be the magnetic distortion from Naxzela"

"I'm gonna check it out. I need a ship. Aris, get to your ship too"

"Already on it. I was headed for Naxzela but the fleet seems like a better option. Whoever is doing this is probably there"

"Matt, something's wrong. I can't reach Voltron"

"We can fly to Naxzela to check on 'em," Matt said.

"No, I need your help. I can't explain why, but I know we need to attack that fleet"

"I thought the fleet had stopped"

"It has... but we're afraid it has something to do with Voltron"

"We're with you"

"Copy that. Good to have you along"

"I'm coming, too," Coran said. "It might take me a while. I'm on the other side of the galaxy and I don't have enough of Allura's energy left to work the teludav"

"No, stay in position. We might need you back there"

"Keith, can you hear me?" I heard Shiro ask through my radio.

"Shiro! Where are you? Is everything okay?" Keith asked.

"Not for long if we don't stop Zarkon's Witch. She must be aboard that battle cruiser"