11) Eye of the Storm

Red lights started blaring, an alarm sounding with it. I groaned, thinking there couldn't have been a worse possible time for Zarkon to find us and attack.

"Zarkon! How did he find us?" Allura asked.

"His commanders must have radioed him from Olkarion," Keith said.

"We need to wormhole, now! Everyone to your stations," Shiro ordered. "We gotta put some distance between us and Zarkon. This could be the fight of our lives"

We started taking on heavy fire. "That sure is a lot of fighters," Hunk pointed out.

"Allura, can you evade these fighters? We can't have them following us through the wormhole," Shiro asked.

"I can try"

"Keith, Lance, let's lay down some covering fire"

"Ugh, now is not the time to faint, Aris," I muttered, my head starting to feel light.

I couldn't hear what anyone was saying, since my hearing seemed to be overtaken by a greater silence, but I could see Allura fly through a wormhole. She fell to the ground, exhausted, and I watched Coran slip into the wall then slip out of the room.

Everyone went their own ways, I went to my room hoping that if I got some sleep I'd feel better. But the ship shook, waking me up from my short nap, and I hurried back to the bridge. Everyone else did the same, rushing in.

Lance and Keith were both in swim trunks, probably because they tried to go swimming in our little break. I felt my cheeks heat up when I saw Keith and I avoided looking at him.

"They found us again? Is that possible? That doesn't seem possible!" Lance exclaimed.

"We must figure out a way to get out of here," Allura said.

"Or we can stay and fight. Now's our chance," Keith said.

Coran appeared on a screen, slipping from one side to the other. "The turbine's up. Still working on the worm-" he screamed as he slid and fell. "Uh, guys, I think I'm realizing now that I do, in fact, have a case of the slipperies. I'm sorry I yelled at you, Pidge. I may need your help after all. Aris, you too"

"We're coming down," Pidge told him.

Pidge and I ran off while the others kept fighting the ships. Until Pidge, Coran and I turned off the power to use it all for the next jump.

"Okay try it, we may have enough power to make one small jump," Coran told Allura.

Everyone looked exhausted and or annoyed when we got to safety, coming out of the wormhole.

"Coran, what's our status? Any good news?" Shiro asked.

"Actually, there is a bit of good news," Coran said, skating around the room. "I'm finally getting used to these slipperies. My mucus glands are working at an incredible rate!"

Shiro looked annoyed. "Any good news about the teludav?"

"I'm afraid not. The last jump overloaded the lens-stones. Now even more of them are broken. I'm going to try some readjustments to change the bean trajectory. Until then, wormholing away will be impossible"

"Hey, there's a giant metallic storm ahead of us. I think we can hide in the eye of the storm. It should give off enough interference so we can't be tracked," Pidge suggested.

"We just need to be careful of all the loose debris flying around," I add.

"It's worth a shot," Shiro said.