37) Day Forty-Seven

I went to the dining hall to get something to eat but I ended up getting dragged into some sort of interview set up by Rizavi and Kinkade. I sat between Keith and Pidge, eating while they were asked questions.

"Okay, we're set," Kinkade told us.

Rizavi was the one who started asking questions. "So, catch us up, what's going on?"

"Right. Well, the Atlas is headed to the Grei-Aye system where we've identified the remains of a disabled Robeast," Pidge answered.

"Oh! Those things are pretty dangerous, right?"

"Do I need to explain that the Robeast was one of the ones used in Honerva's intergalactic ritual?"

"No, it's fine"

"Okay. Um, so, once the Atlas arrives in orbit around the planet, the other Paladins and I will head down to the surface to secure the Robeast and hopefully find it's Altean pilot"

"Ugh! Okay. Keith! Why don't you tell us about the dangers of this mission?"

Keith raised an eyebrow. "Well, every mission has some inherent dangers. For this one, we have to be especially diligent about the Robeast. Even if it's not fully functional, it can still pose an extreme threat. Combine that with the hostile Altean that's probably still in the vicinity, and you've potentially got threats on multiple fronts"

"Aris, can you tell us about something more... exciting?"

"You want exciting?" I asked, chewing the food in my mouth, pointing the fork at them. "Go ask Coran"

"Hey, guys, what's up?" Hunk asked from behind us. "You making a movie? Cool. Can I be in it? Now, wait, if this is an action movie... is it? I don't wanna be in it"

"Hunk, we're trying to do an interview, here," Rizavi told him.

"Oh, sorry. Yeah, my bad. Just came by to see if you wanted to try this new recipe I've been experimenting with," he takes off the lid covering what was on the plate. "This is just the first pass. The final version will be coming soon"

Bebe, Commander Holt's dog, started jumping at it, whining while trying to reach the delicious smelling food.

"No, Bebe! Not for you!" Bebe sat. "I'm sorry I yelled at you. I'll make you some doggy treats later"

"What's the recipe? Can we watch you work?" Kinkade asked.

"Well, Yeah! Yeah, this'll be great! I've secretly always wanted my own cooking show"

"What? No!" Rizavi cuts in. "Keith was just telling us about the mission and all the dangers! We're not losing that to document cooking"

"But I like cooking," Kinkade told her.

She growled. "It's like you're trying to make his boring"

"Whoa, first of all, cooking is not boring, okay?" Hunk said. "And it can bring people together. Some of the best times of my life were spent baking bread with loved ones"

"So, is this interview over?" Keith asked.

"No!" Rizavi said. "Great, now the talent's getting restless!"

"All right, all right, I'll get back to my cooking," Hunk said, continuing where he had been going.

"Aris," Rizavi said. "I've been meaning to ask you something"

"Shoot. I've got time before Mom and I run the diagnostics check on the ship"

"Awesome. Are you and Griffin a thing?"