38.5) Knights of Light

"Aris?"

I opened my eyes, glancing around. The Paladins were there, but the original Paladins weren't. I was standing among the others.

"What...?"

"You disappeared when we entered Honerva's mind," Pidge said. "But when we made it here you showed up with us"

"Maybe it was too dark for whatever is inside of me. Maybe it wouldn't allow me to pass but it allowed me here. Where are we?"

We were in some sort of field with beautiful purple and pink skies and pink flowers all around. There was a giant red moon in the sky.

"Altea. It looks different," Allura said.

"This must be the way Honerva remembers it. It must be a place she holds dear. We should be close," Pidge said.

Lance sighed. "I wonder what kind of weird, freaky thing is gonna attack us here"

Something huge landed behind us and when we turned we found a giant robotic version of Zarkon.

"Ah! Does that answer your question?" Hunk asked.

"Find safety! I'll distract it!" Keith said.

"What? No way!" Lance argued.

"Keith, you're going to get yourself killed," I said. "You don't need to give yourself up-"

"Just go!" Everyone moved out of the way and he went closer to Zarkon. "You were their leader! They trusted you, and you betrayed them! You don't deserve the Black Lion!"

It brought its sword down to attack but the Black Lion appeared. All around the other Lions appeared and they formed Voltron. Just like before, I was dragged into the formation. I stood behind Keith.

Zarkon threw some sort of whip at us and it wrapped around Voltron, electrocuting us.

"Hunk, shoulder cannon!" Keith said.

"I can't! Ah!" Hunk responded.

Voltron fell to its knees but then something knocked us back, away from Zarkon. Four glowing Lions appeared in front of us, they were the original Paladins. Voltron rose back up, the Lions disappearing, and Voltron shot a beam from its chest at Zarkon.

"Form sword!" Keith said.

Voltron flew forward and pierced through Zarkon with the sword. His body vanished but the Black Lion was left standing where it had been. Zarkon was at its feet.

"Uh... guys?" Pidge asked.

"Zarkon?" Alfor asked.

All the original Paladins ended up in front of him, my mom there as well. Voltron separated and the Paladins and I left the Lions to stand behind the group.

"Alfor. Blaytz. Gyrgan. Trigel. Wren," Zarkon said happily.

Mum went over and hugged him. "It's been a while since I've seen you without that desire in your eyes," she said.

"Wren," Alfor warned.

Mum goes back to stand in line with them. "We all know the Zarkon that destroyed so much was different than who he is. This isn't him, this is the Zarkon we were best friends with, he's no longer the emperor"

Zarkon looked over at Allura. "Melanor? What are you doing here?"

"Melanor was my mother, and you murdered her! You've killed millions!"

She ran forward, putting her hands on Zarkon's head, her hands glowing a dark purple. Zarkon fell to his knees, screaming.

"Allura, what are you doing?" Lance asked.