25) The Black Paladins

I woke up in the back of an Altean pod. Shiro and an unconscious Lotor in the front.

My helmet formed around my head and I hit the eject button for my seat, flying out of the pod. I floated around aimlessly but then I saw the Black Lion flying towards me. It scooped me up in its mouth and continued flying towards Shiro's pod.

I ran up to where Keith was piloting the lion, working on removing the cuffs around my hands. He had changed into his Paladin armour, something I hadn't seen him wear in a while.

"What's the plan?" I asked.

"We're going after Shiro"

We landed on a giant rock, probably a broken off piece of some planet, where Shiro landed the pod. There was a Galra base there, but it was abandoned.

We went inside, walking cautiously, and we stopped when we made it to the end of the hallway. There were tubes all along the walls, and even more at the end. Keith put his hand on one and it lit up, a clone of Shiro inside. The others beside it lit up, showing the same person.

"Hello, Keith, Aris," Shiro said from behind us.

"Huh?" Keith hummed as we both spun around to face him.

His eyes looked purple, showing us that he wasn't himself. He was possessed or something, being controlled by someone.

"Shiro, it's gonna be okay"

"Yes, I know," Shiro said, approaching us slowly.

"We just have to get back to the Castle"

"We are not going anywhere!"

Shiro ran for Keith and I, but we both put up our shields and blocked his attack. He hit us so hard that our shields broke. Keith and I pulled out our swords, fighting against him.

Keith got knocked off the platform, managing to catch himself on one below us. Shiro then picked me up by my neck tightly, probably creating a bruise, holding me over the edge.

"She doesn't need you anymore. She knows your mother is alive, that's all she needs"

My eyes widened and I finally realized what was going on. Haggar had somehow taken control over Shiro, maybe it was because of his Galran arm. But now he was going to kill me as well as Keith, and she was going to hunt down my mom.

Shiro dropped me, but I landed on the same platform as Keith. Then he jumped down, his hand glowing purple. He aimed for us but Keith grabbed me and we ran out of the way.

Shiro launched himself at us again through a cloud of dust, this time he had a sword that came out of his gauntlet, created by whatever kind of power his arm had. 

Shiro held up against Keith and I, he never stopped attacking us. We tried our best to get away, but he kept coming. We didn't want to hurt him but it was eventually going to have to come down to that.

We kept falling from platform to platform, and Keith eventually pinned Shiro against a railing. Shiro kept Keith's sword from hitting him with his own. I stood to the side, ready to attack if Shiro got out of the hold. I was also trying to catch my breath after Shiro managed to slice through my armour and cut my stomach.

"That's the Keith I remember," Shiro said with a smirk.

Keith's eyes, which had started to look like a Galran's eyes, went back to normal. In his shock, Shiro swung Keith's sword away from him. I jumped in, trying to give Keith some time to get his sword again, but Shiro grabbed my sword and threw me.

Keith got his sword, dodging Shiro's attacks, as I landed roughly on the ground. Shiro swung at Keith, missing him and instead slicing through the metal legs of one of the stands holding some quintessence. It broke, creating a barricade between us.