Okay

Chapter 3

I couldn’t get myself to look at him because I knew I was on the verge of tears streaming down my face.

“Look you’re obviously not okay. You sure you don’t wanna talk about it.” He said

“I’m sure” I said while avoiding his gaze by looking down.

“Well just remember, if you ever need someone to talk to I’m here” he said giving me a little nudge on my shoulder.

“Thanks” I smiled and got out of his car. No way was I going to look back at him because I knew the waterworks were on their way. I simply went straight to my house door. How could Kendall be so sweet to me? We’d been strangers this whole 2 months that I’ve lived here…hmmmm. I guess it’s true what people say, “Once a friend, always a friend” or something like that.

Inside my house I went straight to my room to finally shed a few tears, I wasn’t going to cry a river over Nick, but it just angered me that he was acting so cold hearted and didn’t even at least have the decency to tell me that he didn’t want to go out with me today. I would’ve been mad if he had said that, but at least not as mad as I was now.

As I began to get ready for bed I heard the front door open. It was Dustin getting home from the show his friend Carlos was starring in. Carlos was a really sweet and funny guy, he’d been at the house multiple times before and I really looked up to him. He was getting to live his dream of being in a Broadway musical, but yet he managed to stay so humble, unlike his model roommate James. Carlos would tell us how James could sometimes get a big head about getting recognized by girls on the street for all his ads, especially since apparently most of them involved him being 95% naked. Although he sounded attractive, I wasn’t really interested in meeting him. He didn’t sound humble at all. Humbleness was a quality many people lacked now a day.

“Hey Dustin, how did Carlos do?” I asked

“For the opening show…he wasn’t that bad” he said chuckling. “There were a few words forgotten here and there but other than that I’d give him a 4/5 stars. He definitely surprised me with how good his dancing was.” He said with shocked look on his face and wide eyes.

I started cracking up and so did he. “Well I gotta see this now!” I said smiling. “I’ll try catching his show this weekend.”

“Cool. So how was your date with Nick?” he said

Uggh, my stomach dropped the moment he mentioned Nick, and again I felt like crap.

“It was…fine…I ate pizza…and then I came home.” I was such a bad liar but thankfully Dustin was too tired to even take notice. He decided to just watch and episode of Two and a Half Men and then go to bed. I decided to watch as well. A few minutes into the show I got a text from Erin.

“Hey girl! :D Sorry I didn’t answer u; I got caught up on the latest episode of The Vampire Diaries and then went out for some coffee. I just got home…” she texted back

“It’s ok :). Hey I’m really tired right now so I think I’m just gonna go to bed, night!” I wrote and hit send.

“Who texted you?” Dustin asked

“Just Erin. I sent her a message like an hour ago and she barely answered now, so…”

“Oh, so what’d she say she was up to?” He asked.

I looked at him suspiciously, he never asked me about who I was texting. “Why do u care?” I said

“Just wonderin” he said without taking his eyes off the TV.

“Oh well,” I said “she just got caught up on a TV show and then headed out for some coffee. She just got home a while ago.”

“Oh that’s good for her” he said without any readable expression on his face.

“Yeah…it is” I said suspiciously. “Well goodnight Dust, I’m beat and all I want to see is the inside of my eyelids” I smiled at him and gave him a hug before heading upstairs

“Night!” He yelled

I don’t know why, but I felt like he was hiding something, but then again I didn’t feel like thinking too much about it since I had my own problems to deal with at the moment.