This Means War

(Hey you guys thanks for reading! I just want to introduce a new character coming into the story. Her name is Lauren and she is named after my good friend and contest winner from the other site I was posting on @1231IronPen :) Hope you guys like it! )

Chapter 21

"Oh...well try not to look so cute while you're up there being auctioned off," I said pouting.

"I'll try my hardest not to be so irresistible," Kendall said, brushing his shoulder off. I just shook my head.

"Well I’ll still be watching you mister," I said pecking him before heading back to James.

"Same here!" Kendall yelled back at me. I turned around and playfully stuck my tongue out at him and grinned.

The event was pretty boring, there were just a bunch of stuck up spoiled rich kids all over.

Thankfully Avril didn't take too much to get there so we were all told to take our seats. James and I were seated next to one of the guys from the boy band The Wanted, Nathan. He was really sweet and he introduced us to his cousin Lauren who came with him. She was 17, brunette hair like mine, and over all was really sweet. I was so happy that they weren’t so fazed by the success that their family had with Nathan being in a successful boy band and all.

Avril Lavigne came onto the stage 5 minutes later and thanked us all for coming. She was happy to see that a lot of us cared so much to help raise money to help keep the music programs in schools. I felt bad because I was being paid to be at the event but I was going to be paying more to bid on James so I guess the guilt evened out, right?

"Ladies and gents, I believe it's about time we saw some gorgeous eye candy come up, am I not right?" Avril said. As the whole room filled with cheers the young men who were signed up to be auctioned stood up and made their way backstage.

Nathan made his way backstage with James since he apparently had also signed up to be auctioned, thus leaving me and Lauren to talk amongst ourselves.

"So what’s the deal with you and James?" Lauren asked.

"What?" I answered confused.

"You know what I mean. You guys were all over each other outside, but now in here you guys...well you kept your hands off each other," she said grinning.

"Well that’s just how James and I are, one minute we can be totally all over each other and the next we're calm....so why'd you come with your cousin to this event?" I asked. I was just literally trying to change the subject.

"Nathan didn't want to bring a friend for the fear that dating rumors might start...but don’t try changing the subject." She said giggling.

"I wasn’t, I was just curious as well...I-," I said before she interrupted.

"Ha-ha hey don’t worry, you don’t have to answer me. Your personal life is none of my business. Sorry, I can be nosy at times." She said while giving me a reassuring smile that I was in the clear.

As I was about to respond to her Avril grabbed the mic and told us all to get our money ready because there were 20 bachelors ready to go on dates. There were some known and unknown names introduced and even if some weren’t celebs, they still were all good looking so girls definitely bid on them.

Nathan was number 16. Hey came out and worked the runway before getting sold for $800 to this red headed girl in a black dress. As he made his way back stage Kendall was introduced. He walked out to a lot of cheers and whistles which caused him to blush. It was adorable.

"Ok ladies you know what to do, do I here $100?" Avril started and Kendall was doing very well. He got up to $600 before I got ticked off by the next bidder; it was none other than Katelyn.

"$750!" Katelyn exclaimed. She then glanced right at me as if she had planned this the whole time. She obviously had to of known Kendall and I were together, but how?

Well I decided I wasn’t going to let her have her way so before even thinking about it I lifted my paddle and placed a bid for $800. I didn’t even bother to look at Kendall. All I was thinking about was shutting her up.

"Oh $800, do I hear $900?" Avril asked grinning.

"$900!" Katelyn blurted out.

"$950!" I echoed back. She seemed to have backed off, but then blurted out "$1000," which left me in shock.

Avril turned to look at me and asked "$1100?"

I contemplated whether I was being smart in this situation before I noticed that Katelyn was smiling as if she had already won.

"$1200," I said. I heard everyone, Kendall included, gasp as I made my bid.

"Do I hear $1300?" Avril asked.

Katelyn kept her mouth shut.

"Well then since there are no more bids, Kendall Schmidt is sold for $1200 to the girl in the burgundy dress." Avril said.

Katelyn seemed defeated which gave me a sense of joy, up until I realized I had just bid on Kendall using majority of the money Vera Bradleys had given me to bid on James.

I turned to look at Lauren; she had a surprised expression so I just looked away.

As Kendall walked backstage a lady came by to my table to ask for my contact information and collect the money I had promised.

Within a few seconds James came out as number 18. I was glad he didn’t know what had just gone down since he was in a room backstage. My only hope to win James now was to hope none of these girls were going to bid more than $500 and I knew that wasn’t going to happen since James was too good looking.

When James was walking the cheers didn’t stop, I knew this wasn't going to end well. The bids started at $100 and quickly made its way to $400. I bid $500 and then was quickly out bid. Yeah I was doomed, or so I thought up until Lauren suggested something.

"Here," she said grabbing Nathan's wallet and handing me some money he had in it, "take the money."

"I can't, it’s not right." I said.

"It's fine, Nathan has a lot of money; take it." She said.

"I...I...," I didn’t want to accept the money but right when Lauren told me to take it Avril was about to declare the bid winner so I just raised my paddle up and bid $1500 for James.

"Do I hear any other bids? Going once, going twice...sold for $1500 to...oh it seems to be the girl in the burgundy dress again." Avril said surprised.

"Well it looks like someone’s going to have two fun filled dates, enjoy them!" Avril said and playfully winked.

I felt all the eyes in the room on me but I bit my lip at the thought of what James would be thinking. He was probably wondering what Avril meant by two dates. I just wanted to be anywhere but in there at that moment so I just ran out to get some air. As Kendall was heading back to his table with Katelyn he noticed I was rushing out the door and chased after me.