ice cream - hannah

hannah's pov:

i woke up to a warm body next to mine. i felt a large, rough, hand laced with my smaller one.  grayson. everything flooded back to me. almost getting raped. sleeping at the dolans.

as i rolled over to face him, out hands still intertwined, i observed his god-like features. he really is attractive. his jawline is amazing. and god those lips. hannah you have a boyfriend.

"you're staring" he mumbled, a smile tugging at his lips.

" i'm gazing" i responded, embarrassed that he caught me.

"it's creepy" he joked.

i laughed. for the first time in what felt like forever. he opened his eyes and stared back at me, smiling widely. he squeezed my hand softly before sitting up. he unlatched his hand from mine. i almost missed it. the warmth and the familiarity was kinda nice.

i followed him into his kitchen.

"hannah?" he started.

"yeah gray?" i responded, hoisting myself up onto the counter.

"you okay?" he asked, watching my reaction.

"of course." i responded back, sending him a warm smile.

"thank god. you had me worried last night..." he stated, grabbing random ingredients from the fridge.

"whatcha cooking?" i asked

"hmmm i don't know? what would you like?"

you. i thought. ok i need to chill.

"anything is fine."

"anything it is then." he responded, chuckling.

we talked about everything and anything as he made breakfast. it was so easy to switch between topics. that fact that i was barely wearing anything didn't seem to faze him. my boyfriend would be different right now. i cringed at my thoughts. you love jacob, hannah.

"when do you go back to michigan?"

"two weeks." i responded, my mouth full of pancakes. syrup dribbled down my chin. he apprehensively reached his hand up and wiped it away. it didn't bother me, in fact, i wanted more.

"great. more time to spend with me." he teased.

i laughed nervously. did he actually want to hang out with me?

we spent the day at the dolan house. we talked for awhile. i learned so much about him, i felt as if i was meant to meet him. i know that sounds dumb, but we have so much in common.

at 7:00 pm, we decided to go get some ice cream.

we sat in his car, me with my vanilla cup and him with some sort of chocolate concoction.

"how do you eat that?" i asked, teasing him.

"how do you eat that." he responded back.

we both laughed out asses off. my stomach actually started to hurt.

"i don't think i've ever laughed that hard in my life." he said out of the blue, in between hearty laughs.

"me too."

"i'm glad i met you hannah meloche." he said, truth evident in his words

" thank you grayson dolan." i whispered.