the other girl-hannah

hannah's pov:

grayson and i went upstairs after taking a nap together. the party already started, but i just needed to make sure he was okay.

i played with his hair on the nape of his neck and he sighed in appreciation. i giggled at his childishness, but continued to lightly scratch his scalp and tug on the pieces.

"mmmm hannah"

"i see someone likes attention, hm?" i joked.
i stopped playing with his hair and his eyes shot open. "keep doing that, feels good." he asked softly. after continuing to play with the boys hair for thirty minutes i heard voices from upstairs.

"party started." i said. we both climbed out of bed and made our way upstairs. he trailed behind me into the kitchen.

everyone was scattered about my living room and kitchen. the kids were watching a christmas movie. the adults happily sipped on champagne and eggnog. jacob offered me some champagne but i declined. grayson drank some water, while jacob gulped down the spiked eggnog.

a few hours later, jacob was practically wasted. my mom urged him to uber home and he agreed to do so. after he left, a wave of relief washed over me. grayson was leaning against the counter, chatting with one of my friends, jenny. he looked happy. i felt a twinge of jealously but shrugged it off.

i stood under the doorway. his eyes met mine and he sauntered over to me. as soon as he was next to me i heard whoops and hollers from everyone in the room.

fuck.

i stared above my head, already knowing what was there. mistletoe.

a/n: vote for the next chapter!!!