michigan- grayson

grayson's pov:

as we drove through the thick woods of michigan, we neared what appeared to be a school.

"is that a school?"

"i forgot to tell you that's where my grandparents live." she laughed.

i smiled simply from hearing her laugh. i'm so whipped. boyfriend. i chided myself for the thousandth time.

we pulled into the schools parking lot. her family sat around a bonfire. her little brothers and her sister ella peered at the car, confused as to why there was someone else in it. maybe they think i'm jacob?

we stepped out of the car and i grabbed both of our suitcases, trailing behind hannah as she led me to her family.

"mom, david, this is grayson." she started.

i was enveloped in a bone-crushing hug from both her mom and stepdad. i guess she told them about what happened.

"you didn't tell us he was coming! we would have brought the air mattress!!" her mom exclaimed, still hugging me.

"mom you're going to squeeze him to death." hannah declared. we both laughed and separated from our embrace.

"well. i guess you two will just have to share..." her mom said thinking.

"that's fine mom." hannah responded, embarrassed at her mom's actions. her little brothers, reeve, andrew, and jack ran over to me. they peppered me with questions. i was excited to meet them, for i loved kids.

hannah greeted her whole family and introduced me to everyone.

i was nervous but realized i didn't have to be. they seemed to like me for the most part.

after an hour out by the fire, we walked into the school.

"what do you think?" hannah asked

"i love it here." i replied truthfully

"i knew you would nature boy. now you'll just have to take me to jersey." she joked

"was already planning on it meloche."

when we got to our room i shut the door. she enveloped me in another hug, swaying side to side.

"did i ever tell you how thankful i am to have you?" she whispered into my chest.

"only about a thousand times." i teased

"well just know that i am."

i kissed the top of her head and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. we stood in front of the mirror together, brushing away. (a/n: think of the scene from bring it on) we then climbed into bed together, listening to the cicadas outside.