boyfriend- grayson

a/n: this mentions a panic attack btw!

grayson's pov:

i woke up to the sound of squealing. it was december 23th. i fly home tonight from michigan to suprise my family in jersey.

i cautiously opened my eye, instantly realizing i was in hannah's bed, without hannah.

i got dressed for the day in some simple black jeans and a pullover.

i made my way to the kitchen, following hannah's voice.

" babe stoppp." hannah whined.

as i rounded the corner, my heart dropped. jacob. the guy she had complained about and cried about to me thousands of times was in the meloche kitchen, kissing hannah. she was on the counter, while he stood in between her legs, attacking her neck.

"hey hannah." i said, clearing my throat.

"hey gray." she replied, smiling. jacob's lips were still latched onto her neck, but when he heard my name, his actions halted.

his brown eyes met my green ones and i cringed. what does she see in this guy? he smirked cockily back at me, daring me to make a move. i'm a grown ass man, so i simply said, "hannah's told me a lot about you."

"i bet she has," he replied smirking. hannah playfully smacked his chest and hopped off the counter.

she greeted me with a tight hug. i sighed into her embrace, but kept my emotions in check. she was taken and happy, so i have to move on.

"we're having a holiday party tonight before you fly to jersey.... so..." she started awkwardly.

"i'll be there han." i stated while exiting the kitchen. the instant i got back downstairs i let myself slide against the wall. i pulled out my phone and texted ethan.

grayson: hannah 's boyfriend is here

ethan: i'm sorry man

grayson: i told you she didn't love me like that.

ethan: call me

with shaky hands i dialed his number. he answered almost instantly.

"grayson. do you want to come to jersey now? emma's here and mom and dad miss you. cameron is coming home in a few hours. i can book you an early flight back."

" i can't eth. i'm in love with her and i need some closure. i have accepted the fact that she will never love me in that way. but i need these last few hours with her."

"okay man, whatever you want. just know we're all here for you. if she doesn't realize it by tonight, move on." he urged.

"how can i move on from someone i can see myself spending the rest of my life with?" i choked out a sob and my body began to shake against the wall. "i love her e. so much. i can't just let go."

"you're going to have to." he whispered. "i'll call you later gray. please don't do anything stupid." i hung up on him. i was still sobbing and my breathing was becoming unsteady. shit. not now.

i could still faintly hear hannah's laugh and Jacob's cocky remarks from the closed basement door. but my ears were ringing and i felt as if i was going to collapse. i shakily walked into hannah's room and sunk against the far end of her bed.

a/n: vote for the next chapter!!!