angel- hannah

hannah's pov:

i always knew i loved grayson. that kiss just made my heart ache even more. i have to break up with jacob. now.

as we stepped back from the mistletoe, his eyes shone with fear. did he think i hated it? it was beyond perfect. i felt the spark that i had been longing to feel. my cheeks burned.

"han... i.." he started nervously.

"let me come to jersey with you." i breathed out. his face fell. god i'm so stupid. im hopelessly in love with my best friend.

"okay." he replied.

several hours later we touched down in new jersey.

his parents didn't know he was coming down to surprise them, so we took a taxi to his place. the whole ride there he recalled his childhood christmas memories. the naked snow run, sledding with ethan and cameron, his mom's hot cocoa recipe he wanted me to try. he named  thousands of other traditions he wanted to show me.

he unlocked his front door quietly, carrying our two suitcases.

i heard murmurs coming from the living room. he placed our bags down and crept behind his mom.

"merry christmas." he said. she whipped around and tackled him in a hug. i stood by awkwardly until i noticed emma.

"HANNAH?" she squealed, leaving ethan's lap.
she then ran to me and hugged me after several months of being apart. after the our reunion, we all sat around the fire, discussing random topics. emma, ethan, grayson, and sean had gone to bed a few minutes ago. my mind was still buzzing from our kiss however.

lisa seemed to notice my odd behavior. "i have to ask. are you and grayson together?" she whispered.

my face flushed. "i um.... i don't know." i replied honestly. "i mean i want to be.. more than just his best friend, but he would never want that with me."

"hannah, honey, i would go for it." she said. "sean and i started out that way, best friends i mean. until.... something changed."

we left it at that. we said our good nights and i made my way upstairs into grayson and i's room. i walked into the bedroom, thinking he was asleep. he stood by the window, watching the snow silently fall. he had on a pair of simple boxers. his chest was bare and i swear i started to drool. snap out of it.

"grayson." i whispered, trying not to wake up the rest of the house.

he turned around, a box in his hands. "merry christmas hannah." he stated softly. his voice was laced with sadness. why is he upset? my insecurities started to creep in.

i sat down on the bed. "for you." he mumbled, handing me the tiny gift. "you didn't have to." i said, smiling.

i carefully tore the paper away to reveal a small black box. my heart skipped.

"this is too much." i responded.

"anything for you." he said, placing his hand on top of mine. god he sure knows how to make a girl feel special.

i opened the box to reveal a silver necklace. at the end hung a tiny charm. it was a piece of mistletoe. i gasped in surprise and pulled him into a hug.

"you like it?" he mumbled.

"of course. how did you know?"

"everytime we walked past it at that store in michigan you made me stop."

i giggled nervously and cleared my throat.

"there's something i have to tell you. i haven't exactly been honest with you." i started.

"okay... what is it?" he urged.

a/n: VOTE FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!! i'm sorry if this one is kinda cheesy!