Chapter 14: 100%

It took them an hour to fix the stage after I recked it so they had an intermission. Midnight told me I couldn't destroy the field again and I spent the whole time getting scolded by Aizawa. I barely had enough time to goto recovery girl to get all set up for my match with Todo! I was so excited to show him my 100%! He was totally worth all my effort and I respected him enough to give that to him. With moments to spare I went down to my waiting room. I wanted to talk to Todo but I needed a moment to myself to decompress. I sat down for a moment before hearing a knocking on my door. It was Kiri and.......Bakugou.......ugh. They both came into my room and sat down with me. Bakugou across and Kiri on my side. I was a little fidgety when Kiri put a hand on my shoulder.
"You okay man....?" I couldn't lie I was excited and incredibly nervous.
"Actually I'm really excited......and nervous......"
"You afraid icy hots gonna kick your ass?" Bakugou surprisingly chimes in. I shook my head.
"I didn't have time to talk to Shoto much in the later half of the day.....but actually I'm more afraid of him pulling punches....." they both looked confused. " I don't know. I just feel like today he had been super hesitant to go 100% and I realized after my fight with Bakugou it wasn't fair for me to pull punches either." He looked at me with a cross shocked/angry face. "He's my best friend. I think he deserves 100% of me. But with him only using his ice side most of the time and using half his power it will give me a incredibly unfair advantage to have him basically supplying his defeat. I just want things to be fair and I don't want him to hold back." Kiri looked at me.
"I'm sure he will realize it soon if he doesn't already."
"Icy-hot will give you 100%. He won't be an asshole and hold back....." and with that Bakugou left the room. Kiri and I looked at each other.
"Did he know you were coming to see me?"
".........Actually He was the one who suggested it."
"So are we like friends now?"
".......I think so. Half the time I'm not sure if we are even friends haha." The second Kiri was done laughing I heard another knock on the door. It was my mom.
"It's time sweety! Oh hi Kirishima!!!"
"Hi Ms. Porter! Anyways I'll be rooting for you Terra good luck!" With that Kiri and I both left the room.

My mom and I walked in comfortable silence to the arena entrance when she stopped me. "Terra, I'm so proud of you and all you have been able to do. I know I just got you back but moving here was the right choice and I'm glad to see your happy!" She gave me a hug and I hugged her back.
"Thanks mom...... I appreciate it. She separated from me and gave me a little shove to go forward.
"No go kick your boyfriends ass!" I rolled my eyes and kept moving forward into the light.
When I came out everyone started screaming for me and Shoto walking up to the Arena, when Present Mics Angelico's voice screamed over the loud speaker. "WE GO FROM A FIGHT OF RIVALS TO A FIGHT FROM BEST FRIENDS?!?! I HEAR THESE TWO ARE ALMOST INSEPERABLE IN AND OUT OF SCHOOL IS THAT RIGHT AIZAWA?!?!" Aizawa in his cool calm voice chimed in.
"Yes Shoto and Terra are almost never seen without each other. Their quirks compliment each other incredibly and on team exercises they work together best out of all the classroom pair ups. They have only known each other a short time but these two are definitely as they say two peas in a pod."
"ADORABLE!!!!!" Okay this is getting embarrassing now. "THEY SOUND MORE LIKE A COUPLE THEN A COUPLE OF BESTIES!!!" As a bunch of awhhhhhssss and whispers erupted from the crowd. I immediately saw Todo face palm himself as I yelled towards them. "THIS IS A SPORTS FESTIVAL MATCH NOT A MATCHMAKING TOURNAMENT LETS GO PEOPLE!!!" I said tapping my invisible watch.
"YES WELL......LETS GET STARTED WITH OUR FINAL MATCH!!!! WHO WILL TAKE FIRST PLACE?!?!" After Present Mic ended his speech midnight chimed in. "ALRIGHT SAME RULES AS ALWAYS AND MISS PORTER TRY TO KEEP THE PLUMBING IN PLACE!!" I saluted her way and she smiled. "ALRIGHT LETS BEGIN!" 
Todo didn't move right away. He looked and me and cocked his head when I was about to uncork my gourd and go to town. He pointed at it. "I want this to be fair. Get rid of it." Wait what?
"Haha funny joke Todo."
"No. Get rid of it. I'll give you enough ice so this can be fair." Was he serious? I must have looked confused. "You can't fight at 100% with 8 gallons of water." He wasn't wrong.
"......okay....." I threw my gourd outside the ring to hear Present Mic tell over.
"TERRA JUST GOT RID OF HER ONLY SOURCE OF WATER!!!IS SHE GOING TO FLOOD THE ARENA AGAIN." I had never seen Aizawa grab a mic so fast.
"SHE BETTER NOT OR IT WILL BE DETENTION FOR A MONTH!!!!" I laughed a little when Todo went around and froze the whole ring around us.

Midoriya POV

He was freezing the outside of the arena?" Tokoyami asked.
"Shoto must have felt like Terra was at a disadvantage with just a small amount of water so he's giving her a larger supply so she can fight him better." I said to the group. "I've never seen Shoto be so thoughtful." Momo chimed in. I noticed that too. I was never sure why but up until Shoto met Terra he was always cold and selfish but with her around he became more thoughtful and warm. She encouraged him to be himself and to accept himself fully. He was showing her respect by doing this for her. He didn't want to have an unfair advantage. When I looked at her face to see he had given her so much to control she was shocked. But that shock soon changed to pure happiness and I saw Kiri perk up too.
"She got what she wanted...." I looked at him with confusion.
"What she wanted?" Kiri smiled at me the turned his head towards her.
"She's going to get his 100%!"

Shoto  POV

She smiled at Me after seeing all the ice. "Thanks Shoto!" She snapped and it quickly gathered on her side on the arena and then she snapped again and it froze. "I don't have to hold back now!"
"I never wanted you to." I said plainly. "Midnight if you would start the match again. For real this time?" She looked at us both smiling.
"I CAN TELL THIS IS GONNA BE A GOOD ONE!!!!! LETS GET READY FOR THE FIGHT BETWEEN FRIENDS!!!!!........"

GO!"