Chapter 43: Alone

Terra's mother had come with Miksuki later that day to come see their children in the hospital. They had both been cleared to leave when their parents had arrived although they had had two very different reactions to seeing their children. Terra's mother had been a wreck. She ran into the room still in her hero attire and immediately jumped on her daughter sobbing. Mitsuki on the other hand very lovingly scolded her son as they got into an argument that had almost set off a full on brawl between the mother and son.

Terra could see where Bakugo got his personality from for sure.

Terra's mother had brought her clothes to change into for the way home and so she got dressed in her simple tank top and shorts with flip flops. Bakugo changed after her and after they got out of the hospital Bakugo and his mother headed for the station and Terra and her mother headed for her car. They were silent for a good chunk of the ride home. Her mother had a lot of questions and didn't know how to ask them. Terra of course knew this but hadn't really had the time to process everything or necessarily have answers for her. Her mother had been notified her quirk had changed and the one she had received was from a villain that could use fire. On the way home from work on the subway she frantically looked up how to deal with your child's fire based quirk and on their way home they stopped at several stores to gather fire proof supplies for her bed her underwear and clothing.

Her mother had told her to make sure to wear the fire proof clothing when outside of the house especially until she could contain her new quirk.

Terra knew it took every ounce of her mothers will not to pull her out of school but she knew how strong Terra's resolve was and how this was her life's choice. She was doing her best and the first step was making sure her daughter was in control of her emotions at all times which 90% of the time she was.

"Terra..." She said as her daughter came down the stairs as she made dinner for them. Looking at her she could see the bags under her eyes and the dull look to her eyes. On the way home Terra had been quiet. Her mom has known about a boy who had been her friend in her villain days and how that boy connected to her here and now. The reports had said enough and she knew Terra needed time to process.

"Yeah mom?" She asked flatly staring at the wall

"You gonna be okay kiddo?" She asked concerningly grabbing her hand. Her 16 year old daughter looked like she had seen war. In fact she had a modern day war that she had been caught in the middle of. Subjected to horrible things and witnessing the death of her only solace in her time as a villain.

"No." She said flatly again. "Not right now at least....." this once cheerful girl was now feeling the weight of the things that had happened to her over the last few days adding onto everything else now that she had had some quiet to process what she should be feeling.....and it felt crushing....every moment she felt another part of her soul and will break... and then within moments of being home, she couldn't take it anymore....she needed to be alone....it was what she felt she deserved.... "I'm gonna skip dinner tonight and I'm gonna go to bed." She said getting up and heading upstairs without waiting for her mother's reaction.

She was just so tired.

She opened up her phone and texted Shoto.

That bitch Dorothy: hey Shou are you home yet?

She looked at the text before sending it. She couldn't bother him when he was with his family. She immediately deleted the text and changed all the sheets on her bed to the fire proof sheets and comforter, which their weren't any age appropriate bed clothing and she hated all the options in the store except for the Crimson Riot ones they had as a return from an online order so she and her mother had grabbed them. She laid on her bed, knowing she was mentally and physically exhausted, she looked over to her phone and as if knowing it quickly dinged and lit up.