Chapter 44: Funeral Arrangements

The next few days went by until Touya's funeral. It was supposed to be incredibly private and kept away from the public which they had just decided to have the ceremony at the Todoroki household since Touya had been cremated. It seemed cliche for him to be cremated but Terra knew what he wanted. Shoto had asked her to show him some photos of him when they were younger. She had plenty. After she had been rescued the police and hero's attacked the compound she had been in to find it empty with all her things left in her room. The police had given her everything they could and she had put it in a box in her closet only for for moments she's felt like being nostalgic. She tried to grab the box from her closet but was coming up just inches short. Shoto then came up pressed behind her and grabbed the box that said, "Good And Evil Memories" He was surprised she hadn't written something inappropriate on it but decided it was best not to tease her as he handed her the medium sized box. She grabbed the box greatfully.

"Thanks Shoto..... it's been awhile since I looked at any of these." She said sitting on the ground and began to open the box. Shoto sat across from her and peaked into the box.

"Not a problem." He said as she moved some things around and picked up a few select items. One was a sketch book, a pair of ice skated and a photo album. "There's a lot of interesting stuff in here." He said holding up a knife from the box. The blade was sharp but rusty from lack of use. He forgot a lot that Terra was ever anything more then what he knew now. She was kind and beautiful and smart as well as stubborn and feisty.

"Yeah just some weapons and clothes mostly but these are the things I treasure the most from him that your family may enjoy seeing." She said handing him the skates first. The blades needed to be sharpened and the white on them was worn from use but the designs on them were very intricate. Blue flowers adorned the bottom of the skates almost matching her hair. He looked at the skates curiously then looked at Terra whom was smiling at the skates.

"Touya bought those for my birthday. He made all the designs himself." She said. Shotos eyes showed some surprise.

"I never knew he could draw." He said looking closer at the designs now knowing their origin.

"Oh yeah Touya was an amazing artist. He was especially good at portraits too." She said scooting next to him as he delicately put the ice skates down and looked over to the sketch book. The Book was filled with sketched of people they had lived with, and his attention to detail was outstanding.

"I have to admit," Shoto started, "I am a bit jealous of his artistic skills, he must have taken it from all of us because neither myself or my other siblings are any good at anything pertaining to art." He said half jokingly making Terra giggle. She had seen Shoto's artwork from art class and although he was great at many things, art was not one of them. They scrolled through the pictures many of them being of Terra, one sketch was of her sleeping on a couch, another or her skating. "I am surprised we have never been ice skating together, given the circumstances." He said looking at the sketch and how happy she looked.

"That's true!" She said excitedly, "Maybe we should go together sometime, its been over a year since I last skated." She said with a twinkle in her eye. "I miss the cold that's for sure." She said as she closed the book. She put it aside and handed Shoto the Photo Album. "Here you look through it, see if there are any pictures you want for copies or for the funeral, I can answer any questions if you have any." She said smiling at the album and at Shoto, each day that had come closer to the funeral she had surprisingly woke up a little more, her eyes no longer as sunken in and she was taking care of herself. Shoto had been sneaking into her room every night and sleeping with her and it seemed to be helping. She seemed just more like herself.

Shoto opened the pages and the first picture he saw made him smile, it was Terra and Touya dressed up for Halloween, she was a witch, she was young and Touya was smiling in the selfie he had taken with her, he wasn't dressed up but looked happy none the less. "This is from Halloween i take it." Shoto said with amusement.