Chapter 46: Special Move Training

Over the next few days Terra and Shoto made little progress on her training. She could light herself well enough he had helped her with that a lot but extinguishing herself was still an issue. She didn't understand what feeling she was supposed to have and even when they asked other fire based students the results were all the same. It was just a feeling. Shoto with his lack of experience with many feelings and Terra's impatience to master her new quirk was frustrating for them both. Her costume had to be re-re done, although Mai was happy for the challenge of designing her new gear but for all Hero classes she always ended up just wearing her fire proof work out clothing.

The classes were working on special moves for the provisional exam....well everyone except Terra. She was still trying to master the basics. This time with All Might instead of Shoto so he could focus on his own special moves. She didn't  want to pull him down to help her so she ask All Might to give her a hand.

"So it seems Shoto has been trying to help you with the basics correct?" All Migjt asked. She had to admit she was still getting used to looking at All Might at eye level as well as his appearance, but she actually liked him more this way, he seemed more relaxed, more real, tangible even and relatable.

"Yes he's been very helpful in some ways but...."

"But you still seem to have issues controlling things. I know how that can be and in that sense I would talk to myself, Aoyama or Midoriya for struggles with your body and your quirk. Midoriya reminds me a lot of myself at his age. I never broke bones as he did but I had other struggles with my quirk as a teen. Although I can't imagine having a whole new quirk....I can imagine your struggle so let's discuss your short comings so far and turn them into strengths." He said passionately. I nodded.

"Well right now all I can do is light myself up to my shoulders. I can't even unlight myself and I don't really know what everyone means by a "feeling" to turn it off. I guess I'm stuck on the extinguishing part of my quirk and lighting myself up fully and projectiles."

"Well definitely help from your friends will help you master those things. Bakugo will be good for projectile training and Kirishima will be good for target practice.....as for lighting up yourself and extinguishing yourself Shoto's quirk is a lot easier to deal with in that sense. His right side automatically cools down his left side of he gets to hot so extinguishing yourself may be based on something different then what he feels. Let's work on Porjectile training first since you have your hands down."

"But I don't want to take time away from-" she started.

"Nonsense, you know Bakugo wouldn't help if he didn't want to and Kirishima is actually ahead of most of the class for his special move so they'll be fine." All Might stated. "Bakugo, Kirishima could you come down here please." He yelled out to the class. Bakugo and Kirishima both jumped down from their platforms onto the ground.

"What?!" Bakugo yelled.

"What's up?" Kirishima asked simultaneously. All Might smiled at them both.

"Miss Porter needs some assistance with projectile training and-"

"Yeah yeah yeah we got it. Let's go Matchstick..." he said grumpily. Kirishima grabbed her arm and pulled her along as All Might winked at her.

"You can do this kiddo. I know you can." He said confidently. She smiled back timidly as the went over to some free space around the back.

"Okay, so what do you want us to help you with?" Kirishima said brightly.

"Well I can make fire in my hands but I can't get it to go anywhere." She said honestly kicking the ground a bit with the toe of her shoe.

"So you need me to teach you and Kirishima to be your human pin cushion?" Bakugo asked with his usual scowl plastering his face. She nodded. "Well then light up your hand...." he said trying to sound burdened by the request. Terra closed her eyes and after a minute her hand was in flames. She was about to smile at her accomplishment when Bakugo poured his water bottle on it extinguishing it. Her face went from shock to anger in a matter of seconds.